+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Outgoing

Outgoing

So Agyei finally signed with a team promoted to League having been associated with at least 3 teams promoted. Wonder if his improvement over the last 12 months will be maintained?
    Uwakwe by mutual consent. Why? I thought he'd been signed for 18 months at the same as Agyei and Sambou so his contract was finished anyway (or is it an age thing?).
    No news on Ainley, Mellor, BSD or Trigger. I think Mellor is undergoing surgery anyway so will be out of circulation for a few months. However, I thought that maybe Altrincham would have been interested in 2 of the others. Perhaps as a newly professional club without a sugar daddy they won't pay the wages. BSD had a good season with Alty a couple of years ago so perhaps they'd take him as a 'known quantity'. Ainley doesn't necessarily have to drop down a division as he should fit into a lower L2 squad. That is unless clubs are put off by his injuries of the last 2 seasons.
    As for Trigger, we may be stuck with him as I can't imagine a local team coming in for him. I say local as I believe he is involved with the Fred Barber goalkeeping school so wouldn't want to move too far away.
    Some people might say they are not bothered what happens to Ainley as he's not our player anymore. But he's one of our academy products who had enormous potential but a bit of bad luck and, perhaps, not enough self belief. Like many graduates before,I'd like to see him do well.
    As for BSD and Trigger, the urgency is to get them off the wage bill ASAP.

I think it's an age thing with Tariq. We'd made an offer to an u-23 so due compensation, even though we didn't develop him. Maybe it was stopping someone signing him and we didn't want to.force him to stay if didn't want to. If he signs elsewhere tomorrow that'll tell us.

Ainley, LB said he was sure he'd get offers, maybe he's just in negotiation with someone (or two). Or maybe the fitness record is dishing him.

Looks like John Dillon has left for pastures new, got a job at Blackpool working with Neil Critchley who promptly left to join Stevie G in Saudi, a bit awkward that.
    Last edited by Terry Harkin; 04-07-2023 at 08:25 PM.

Not sure Critchley has left to go to Saudi.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Not sure Critchley has left to go to Saudi.
    I might have to revisit this, a friend phoned me and said that Critchley had left Blackpool, should have checked before posting.

I wonder what The Alex will do now, probably recruit from within I guess

Dillons job advertised this morning. Interestingly, no mention of advertising Morris's old position. Perhaps that will be an internal promotion or a saving on the budget with King Kenny covering the responsibilities

My tip is Michael Jackson for asst.

Mellor to Accrington

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Mellor to Accrington
    What's become of the expected operation he needed .....

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    My tip is Michael Jackson for asst.
    If true, each game will be a thriller ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast