+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The Wimbledon Championships 2023

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Because you only pipe up when you throw your toys out the pram because it goes against your leftie principles / ideaoligies , you can’t deal with ‘balanced discussion ’, perhaps try putting your agenda / principles to one side at times and just don’t bother posting if you know you’re going to have a meltdown if someone disagrees with you, or what you’re posting isn’t relevant to the thread.
    Please can we try and keep the arguing to things about Tennis, Wimbledon, Today's finals. We really don't need to turn this thread political, like so many others.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Please can we try and keep the arguing to things about Tennis, Wimbledon, Today's finals. We really don't need to turn this thread political, like so many others.

Thanks in advance.
    The umpire finally put his big boy pants on and gave Djokovic a time violation. Since when it’s gone a bit pear shaped for him.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Jump off the old desktop and turn on your television and you can find out for yourself. The Hill is absolutely packed, standing room only.
    I would, but while I used to enjoy Wimbledon a few years ago my interest in tennis is confined to playing occasionally these days. I'm just curious as to how many on the The Hill are fully concentrated on what's happening in a massive game on the centre court, and how many are tempted to couple it with pathetic arguments on football messageboards.

Maybe you could ask around for me.

You are interested in that but not the Men's final between the No.1 and No.2 seed? Ermmmm ok.

You no longer watch or interest in Wimbledon, but occasionally play. No wonder you are reading and posting on Wimbledon Championship thread

I'm home now watching on Television like most people, you should give it a go. It's been a fantastic high quality final and it's currently in the 5th set decider.

Right back to the action...

Hope there's no more breaks on five live to go to the final stages of the tiddlywinks match.😃

What a match! What a final! What a win! A fitting final game and point.

The barely unbelievable 10 year streak is over, and overall it's deserved. Carlos you've just beaten the GOAT.

Well played el donkey, bet fattys come in his skirt 👏 👌

Amazing match, can see a changing of the guard as they say, Djokovic humble in defeat true champion.

Not into tennis at all but watched the last couple of sets of today's final.
    More than the tennis I was struck by the humility and grace of Djokavic in defeat and to speak so eloquently in a second language.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    Not into tennis at all but watched the last couple of sets of today's final.
    More than the tennis I was struck by the humility and grace of Djokavic in defeat and to speak so eloquently in a second language.
    Great match and always good to see someone new win it. Djokovic was very gracious in defeat.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast