+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- The Wimbledon Championships 2023

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Should manage it after a few scares, I'm lucky and going to find out on Henman Hill as the family are currently en route to Wimbledon to see some of the action on the outside courts before the main event.
    So you are on Henman Hill watching a Wimbledon final, and arguing on NCM while you're watching?

I'm currently in my crampons on the top of K2 watching the final on my phone. Djokovic owning it so far. Bit nippy up here but the signal's decent.

Daft views BFP lol, in other words any views that are not the same as yours. Scientists have got sh*t loads wrong in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Strong but accurate imo. I forgot about his views on Kosovo as well.

From what I’ve read on here, you’re just as anti science as what he is. What makes him a c*** and probably not you is that you don’t have a platform to promote your daft views to millions of people.
    It’s amazing how a certain minority of posters on here can and regularly turn a thread enjoyed by many in to a political rant because they get upset or can’t deal with real life … Well done ‘Citizen Smith’

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So you are on Henman Hill watching a Wimbledon final, and arguing on NCM while you're watching?
    Yeah, and eating and drinking of course. It's all very relaxed and civilised at the Wimbledon Championships.

It's clear BFP's strong views on Djokovic are not contained to tennis, sport and gamesmanship as he highlighted himself.

It's just not tennis

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    It’s amazing how a certain minority of posters on here can and regularly turn a thread enjoyed by many in to a political rant because they get upset or can’t deal with real life … Well done ‘Citizen Smith’
    This is a Wimbledon thread and I was talking about the bloke who’s (gracelessly) currently playing in the final.

I don’t know how that means I ‘can’t deal with real life’. or where there’s been a ‘political rant’. What a thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Yeah, and eating and drinking of course. It's all very relaxed and civilised at the Wimbledon Championships.
    Are there any there who are gripped by the tennis, or are they all like you?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    This is a Wimbledon thread and I was talking about the bloke who’s (gracelessly) currently playing in the final.

I don’t know how that means I ‘can’t deal with real life’. or where there’s been a ‘political rant’. What a thing to say.
    Because you only pipe up when you throw your toys out the pram because it goes against your leftie principles / ideaoligies , you can’t deal with ‘balanced discussion ’, perhaps try putting your agenda / principles to one side at times and just don’t bother posting if you know you’re going to have a meltdown if someone disagrees with you, or what you’re posting isn’t relevant to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Because you only pipe up when you throw your toys out the pram because it goes against your leftie principles / ideaoligies , you can’t deal with ‘balanced discussion ’, perhaps try putting your agenda / principles to one side at times and just don’t bother posting if you know you’re going to have a meltdown if someone disagrees with you, or what you’re posting isn’t relevant to the thread.
    Accuses others of political ranting and then posts that haha.

My posts on this thread have been in some way tennis related, what have your last two been about?

Djokovic will probably win this, but he should have had about 10 time violations so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Are there any there who are gripped by the tennis, or are they all like you?
    Jump off the old desktop and turn on your television and you can find out for yourself. The Hill is absolutely packed, standing room only.

Tbh I was more interested in boys singles final. Well done Henry Searle what a performance. I suspect it's been a long time since a Brit won this title at Wimbledon, I hope it gets national coverage.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast