+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spotted Dick, Jam Roly Poly, Treacle Sponge?

Spotted Dick, Jam Roly Poly, Treacle Sponge?

I can’t remember the last time I had a Spotted Dick or any of the above.

All wonderful puddings especially when home made by a good cook.

You can’t get those fantastic tinned sponge puddings by Heinz anymore either, I loved them with custard or evaporated milk.

Funny how most people ate fatty stuff like this but most were not overweight yet now people eat all this highly processed stuff and are lard a r s e s.

There’s a lot to be said for eating the right amount of natural fat.

Treacle pudding for me ,Dad and his family in Mansfield always had Yorkshire pudding with jam on after Sunday dinner.

Can't beat these old fashioned desserts-especially if home made! Some might see them as unappetizing English "stodge" puddings but I think of them more kindly as part of that group known as "comfort food". Bit like the pudding version of cottage pie if you like 😁

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Treacle pudding for me ,Dad and his family in Mansfield always had Yorkshire pudding with jam on after Sunday dinner.

Love treacle pudding Lloyd with lots of custard.

Do love tiramisu also if made properly

Never had a sweet tooth but loved all three as made by Mom of course.

Whats with all this loving treacle malarky, flippin vile stuff - When school puds was mentioned a while back i asked if anyone remembered, not yellow custard or pink custard but green custard and nobody had heard of it. I remember having this nuclear looking substance at least once a week at junior school with chocolate sponge

Name:  Unknown34.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  3.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Whats with all this loving treacle malarky, flippin vile stuff - When school puds was mentioned a while back i asked if anyone remembered, not yellow custard or pink custard but green custard and nobody had heard of it. I remember having this nuclear looking substance at least once a week at junior school with chocolate sponge

Name:  Unknown34.jpeg
Views: 180
Size:  3.5 KB

Remember at school - semalina - now that was disgusting!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Rice pudding with a bit of jam was something we loved as kids but it was rare as frogs spawn semolina and tapioca would be served far more often

My mum used to buy this stuff called Creamola…..like a thick custard with a grainy texture to it.

I loved it back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Tapioca was even worse Al

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)