+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Coutinho

Coutinho

Where do we all stand with this?

Now than Gerrard has gone to Saudi, Coutinho has inevitably been linked with a move there as indeed he has to a few other places.

But here’s a question. Here is a player who not so long ago was world class, he’s not old particularly and he has got a a top manager here at Villa behind him. Obviously we are not privy to what goes on behind the scenes but surely he is worth persevering with unless of course injuries are an obstacle he will never get over (but then no club would want him).

He’s played some great games for us particularly at the beginning of his Villa career but admittedly was rarely able to last 90 minutes. A full firing Coutinho could well be a final piece in the puzzle for next season.

A conundrum.

i think if we can get the money back we spent... goodbye.

Goodbye from me as well. No Villa player has failed to live up to expectations as much as this chap, imo.

Of course, other players have been far worse signings, But this lad came as a world-beating genius. Expectations and excitement levels were higher than any other singing I can remember.

Many claimed that the signing showed our intent and ambition. Podcasters were wetting themselves. Having ‘Coutinho’ plastered all over studios and shirts. Grown men fawning over him, justifying his wages as the price of ambition.

Incredibly disappointing circus, for me.

Its a goodbye from me!

It all depends if he's up for the challenge or not. He looked good before he got injured so if he wants to stay keep him but if he's unhappy let him leave. It's as simple as that. Good players don't grow on trees.

Agreed Bong - he's a good player, Gerrard had no discernible system whereas everyone knows their job under Unai so if he's up for it then keep.

That's it Westy. Virtually every player has been transformed under Emery and the same could happen with Coutinho. Everyone was crap under Gerrard.
    It's not like Emery dropped him he was injured.

And unless someone has ‘Coutinho’ plastered across their latest piece of Merchandise, I struggle to see the logic in wanting to keep him.

Injury, attitude, ability, form, confidence, call it what you want. For one reason or another, he has been an incredibly expensive, non-contributing, bit of window dressing. Emery not selecting him, is as good as being dropped.

So much money has been wasted on this vanity signing. I hear that he’s a lovely chap, though, even I might be a lovely chap, for 24 million a year, for the next 3 years.

96m over 4 years of wages
    17m fee
    Massive loan fee
    Wages for loan fee

Sell, sell, sell.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)