+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: L2 teams I really want us to stuff

L2 teams I really want us to stuff

There are 24 teams in L2 including the mighty Pies but for me there are 8 teams who I'm longing for us to beat because of the recent history between us.
    The list consists of:

Mansfield
    Swindon
    Harrogate
    Forest Green Rovers
    Wrexham
    Grimsby
    MK Dons
    Salford

Ardent Notts fans should have no trouble understanding my selection and whilst Notts will be aiming to beat every team in L2 of course are there any other teams that Notts fans would particularly enjoying us stuffing?

Quote Originally Posted by IluvNotts View Post
    There are 24 teams in L2 including the mighty Pies but for me there are 8 teams who I'm longing for us to beat because of the recent history between us.
    The list consists of:

Mansfield
    Swindon
    Harrogate
    Forest Green Rovers
    Wrexham
    Grimsby
    MK Dons
    Salford

Ardent Notts fans should have no trouble understanding my selection and whilst Notts will be aiming to beat every team in L2 of course are there any other teams that Notts fans would particularly enjoying us stuffing?
    Mansfield
    Mansfield
    Mansfield
    "
    "
    "

Chesterfield . . . oh no, hang on a minute . . .

I still hate Walsall and always will. No team has hurt me more apart from Fword but FGR would be the team I'd most want Notts to take six points from this season.

Would love for Notts to go to Swindon at Easter and win to swap places with them, either to take 3rd or 7th spot off them.

We certainly owe Harrogate one as well.

Add Bradford to that list fellah….I’ve a long memory!

Re Mansfield, it will be interesting to see if we save our worst performance of the season for Field Mill or whatever it's called, or if LW's side really is different.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Re Mansfield, it will be interesting to see if we save our worst performance of the season for Field Mill or whatever it's called, or if LW's side really is different.
    Exactly. It has become somewhat of a strange powerful curse. Mansfailed have never been good in my lifetime as a football fan yet they have comfortably and deservedly beat us home and away for far too long now. I can guarantee i will be betting on that trend to continue especially when we visit Field MFI.

LW has been a magician to date but curses are strong and real and the odds will likely be decent. Not an insurance bet more a curse bet.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I still hate Walsall and always will. No team has hurt me more apart from Fword but FGR would be the team I'd most want Notts to take six points from this season.

Would love for Notts to go to Swindon at Easter and win to swap places with them, either to take 3rd or 7th spot off them.

We certainly owe Harrogate one as well.
    I would like to go there in Easter and relegate them....

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Exactly. It has become somewhat of a strange powerful curse. Mansfailed have never been good in my lifetime as a football fan yet they have comfortably and deservedly beat us home and away for far too long now. I can guarantee i will be betting on that trend to continue especially when we visit Field MFI.

LW has been a magician to date but curses are strong and real and the odds will likely be decent. Not an insurance bet more a curse bet.
    Yeah, it's weird, isn't it? Mansfield has pretty much always been a bog-standard fourth-division club, but when we play them away, it somehow just seems impossible to get anything.

Our home form against them hasn't been as bad in recent times. I think of the last three, we've won one and drawn two. Should really have won two but for that weird 99th minute penalty in the Nolan season.

It would be lovely to smash Swindon home and away. Their fans cheering our relegation was truly bizarre and totally uncalled for.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast