+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Maxi

Maxi

Mentions here and there but I don’t remember a thread asking: would you sell him or not? (Obviously if the selling meant we invested in another player(s).)

With a bit of heavy heart and thinking back on the bad (injuries and poor form) as well as the amazing thing’s he’s done, I’d sell.

Certainly the excuse that he ‘carried us’ under Bruce, while it may be true, is irrelevant to the argument. He’s been very well played and the club owe no more to him in this respect than he does to the club.

It's a weird one.

Love the guy, can do the unbelievable on his day but we need it 8/10 not 3/10.

Would I be sad if he goes?
    If it's to a Prem rival probably it would sting, especially if he finds form and lives up to his full potential.
    If it's to a Prem rival and he continues to flatter to deceive then it'll be more like Ba going to Chelsea, sad but not heartbreak.
    If it's to Europe then no not at all. Give us the cash to bring in a Diaby etc
    If it's to Saudi for trouser loads of cash then I'll be doing cartwheels.

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2023/07/0...-offer-report/ - He's being linked for KSA

If he can't improve in a team full of players who have improved themselves. Then maybe it's time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    If he can't improve in a team full of players who have improved themselves. Then maybe it's time to move on.
    I think he did show signs of improvement toward the end of the season, he was tracking back and actually putting in crosses without running himself into a corner (thinking the Man U game)

If he could stay fit then I think he would develop into something special, but I just can’t see it happening.

If we sell him for a bucketload to Saudi, then I’d take it… especially if like someone says we could put it toward Diaby or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Kirkland View Post
    That's a very good point.

It's like when I was at high school for the first 2 yrs I was the best player on the school team by a country mile. I scored hattricks for fun by the time everyone started to become men and had their growth spurts I was on a level and had to fight real hard to make an impact in games.

such is life

I like him and would be sad to see him leave but I wouldn't be devastated like I would a few seasons back.

He needs to be playing regularly as it takes too long for him to get up to speed when out of the side. 6/7 games usually then he is dangerous. I'd like to keep him in the squad but doubt he would settle for that. May be time to cash in with the right offer for us and him. I love this guy when he's firing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)