+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Halesowen friendly today

My observation was more to do with budgets than anything else. A first team squad of 23, all of whom could play and wouldn't let us down, is enough I would have thought. Like you, I've no idea how much BSD is paid, but we currently have 5 centre halves in the squad, which doesn't leave a space when only 2 can play.

My main concern for the past 2 season has been the poor standard of management and their absolutely dire tactical awareness. Pep and Klopp radically changed the modern game at all levels and unfortunately Crewe got left behind. WE have been playing negative non competitive football.

I do believe that they should study at great length the way the modern game has changed. It would be so nice if some of our management could arrange to study for 3 months the training of either Man. City or Liverpool on a weekly basis.

The online study of professional football clubs may not be fully accurate but it is close.

Pep and Klopp have been managers for over 20 years or so, LB less than 12 months!!
    I'm sure he's learning the ropes as the other illustrious managers did when they first started.
    As for being allowed inside the inner sanctum of Liverpool or Man City for 3 months......somehow I don't think so lol.

And what makes you the expert on Man city and Liverpool? And you have the audacity to laugh at other posters comments. Did you never take a course on manners

Not sure there's ever been such a course lol. No, of course I'm not an expert on anything to be fair....all just opinions. Just think its a tad unlikely that Jurgen would let someone pick his, and his staffs, brains for 3 months to pinch all his ideas. But, as I say, all just opinions!!

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    And what makes you the expert on Man city and Liverpool? And you have the audacity to laugh at other posters comments. Did you never take a course on manners
    Probably the same person who made you an expert!!
    What are these courses you've been on. I think you were had!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    Your prejudice is breathtaking but maybe nobody should be surprised. Please THINK about what you post is my advice as others on this thread commented about the lack of information on the official site and saying they don't care about the fans OR has your dim eyes not seen anything on this thread. You once commentated that few others get a chance to speak on here and yet you are the most frequent visitor on this this site. Maybe you like to be the only one speaking on here?? Just check the numbers...
    And this has WHAT to do with my post about Thomas???
    As for numbers...well you will keep going on about the same old, same old..... maybe that doesn't help attract new contributors! Just saying!
    (Thread is about friendly match against Halesowen. BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Probably the same person who made you an expert!!
    What are these courses you've been on. I think you were had!
    My school wanted me to stay on. go to college and eventually university. Unfortunately the man I had to call father made me leave when I was 15 with no qualifications. Best not to mention my late ****s and early 20s. It was not a period I was proud of. However my burning ambition remained and I became a highly successful businessman.

Good for you👍

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Without having played one competitive game I fail to see how you believe that statement. Last season we were a completely boring team controlled by a huge number of coaches who were preaching a type of tactical football which was completely outdated. Todays game is all about constant high pressure, and our midfield was so weak. I can only hope that our management and coaches have come to their senses. Judging our team should be based on our first 10 competitive games.

I am told that BSD is on very low wages therefore unloading him has no bearing on us for example signing a essential CB.
    I pay no attention to the results of these pre season games they don’t tell you how competitive we are going to be next season Halesowen we’re no better than a park team so we should be beating them comfortably. I hope we don’t take our foot off the recruitment gas as despite what others may think on the site we are well short there are still some poor players at the club that need to be farmed out and we can’t do that until we get significantly more players in I personally agree with Bell at least 2 more perms and I would add at least 3 more loans will do and then get rid of Players like Griffiths who are dreadful and have no place at our club.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123