+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Current squad - what will VK do?

Question Current squad - what will VK do?

Current squad as it stands – discuss.
    Goalkeepers:
    James Trafford. (TBC.)
    Lawrence Vigouroux.
    Arijanet Muric.
    Bailey Peacock-Farrell.
    Denis Franchi.
    Defenders:
    Charlie Taylor.
    CJ Egan Riley.
    Connor Roberts.
    Hjalmar Ekdal.
    Ameen Al-Dahil.
    Vitinho.
    Dara O'Shea.
    Jordan Beyer.
    Luke McNally.
    Soumaila Coulibaly. (TBC.)
    Bobby Thomas.
    Midfielders:
    Jack Cork.
    Johann Berg Gudmundsson.
    Josh Brownhill.
    Josh Cullen.
    Samuel Bastien.
    Strikers:
    Jay Rodriguez.
    Wout Weghorst.
    Scott Twine.
    Lyle Foster.
    Manuel Benson.
    Anass Zaroury.
    Darko Churlinov.
    Michael Obafemi.
    Dara Costelloe.

Buy more goalies?

Looks lop-sided to me too Lusty.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Looks lop-sided to me too Lusty.
    Looks a right mess to me, god knows what Vinni has in mind, but there are at least 9 he needs to ship out, never mind incomings. Reminds me a bit of that joke about asking for directions in Ireland and being told, 'if you want to get there, you don't want to be starting from here'.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Looks a right mess to me, god knows what Vinni has in mind, but there are at least 9 he needs to ship out, never mind incomings. Reminds me a bit of that joke about asking for directions in Ireland and being told, 'if you want to get there, you don't want to be starting from here'.
    In no particular order mon ami, I'll be surprised if any of these names are still at Turf Moor when the window closes: Muric, BPF, Taylor, Riley, McNally, Thomas, Bastien, Churlinov, Costelloe and Weghorst.

I can't imagine Taylor will be let go. Who will take WOUT?

Well BT-the list you compiled would I imagine mirror most supporters thought on departures.

I am however still puzzled as to exactly what our pre-season policy is!

Supposedly Lokombo (Arsenal) reported 2 weeks ago in the Daily Cannon signing (loan) for Burnley within days now silence.
    Rumour is that W.Ham are demanding a much larger portion of the ridiculous transfer fee for Rice-net result being that Arsenal may be moving into the dark waters of FFP so need cash sales.
    James Trafford also seems to have gone quiet-Loan To Leicester with MCFC having second thoughts?
    I didn't understand this one anyway-20M for someone who hasn't played above division oe level!
    If VK isn't totally convinced with Muric (which seems to be the case) sign an experienced "back up" who would cost nothing-look no further than Tom Heaton who looks like he is about to exit Man Utd.

With regard to the remainder of the "so called" targets with offers in, it looks like we will be have to offer a little more in terms of fees to get the signings over the line-hope the club isn't returning to the (Garlick wait until he last minute policy when nothing good is left on the shelves?)
    As for rumours (agents just looking to stimulate interest, as seem happy to link players with just about anyone)

Finally (prob a bit too controversial and too much baggage however) Mendy (left sided defender) now a free man and at 28 still lots to offer.

Mendy and Greenwood brought in together on four year deals would get the tongues wagging DtP66.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Mendy and Greenwood brought in together on four year deals would get the tongues wagging DtP66.
    It certainly would BT-I had forgotten about Greenwood-both acquitted-Not a bad shout that

Quote Originally Posted by DownThePlughole66 View Post
    It certainly would BT-I had forgotten about Greenwood-both acquitted-Not a bad shout that
    Malicious b@stards are GMP are they not. I wonder if the colour of the alleged perps had anything to do with the prosecutions or do the Manchester bizzies just like charging high profile, highly paid footballers with rape.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)