+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whitchurch friendly tomorrow

Whitchurch friendly tomorrow

Looking forward to another similar free-flowing performance as per Halesowen

Really hoping that Big Nev can bag a goal or three

It would be nice. He had a couple of chances on Saturday apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

Again another game not worth getting interested in professional players against effectively a pub team pointless. We should be playing teams much much higher in the pyramid National League minimum then we might have some idea where we are at.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Again another game not worth getting interested in professional players against effectively a pub team pointless. We should be playing teams much much higher in the pyramid National League minimum then we might have some idea where we are at.
    I am not sure pre season friendlies are there to give an indication as to whether we are going to be league leaders or propping the rest up. I think the idea is to get players playing and getting minutes into their legs and also to integrate new signngs into the teams way of playing. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    I am not sure pre season friendlies are there to give an indication as to whether we are going to be league leaders or propping the rest up. I think the idea is to get players playing and getting minutes into their legs and also to integrate new signngs into the teams way of playing. I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong.

You can do all of the above against better quality teams surely and will get a better idea who is up to it, all we are doing at the moment is giving everybody a false sense of where we are at.

Timmy58 is correct. LB has stayed that he wants a couple of games against lower league teams just to get the fitness levels up. Once that's achieved then the standard of friendly increases until the squad are ready hopefully, for the first match.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Fair comment ...

Just nice to see us getting the ball forward quicker, much more entertaining to watch imo.

Good to us trying to win games, rather than trying not to lose them

Incidentally we played Halesowen a year ago, and only won 3-2 ...

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post

Well, he's off the mark lol. Hopefully many more to come!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Well, he's off the mark lol. Hopefully many more to come!
    Great stuff, perhaps if I stop tipping him to score 'every game' this season it will have the opposite effect

Another 5-0 !!

See Griffith's curled a free kick round the wall for the fifth goal anorl

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast