+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Burton

Offord and Williams ankle knocks - could have played LB says, Nevitt similar, Thomas on schedule to appear in the coming week, Finney may need an operation .... Demetriou can't be close from what LB said.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I also want to say that the playing out from the back worked magnificently for 15 mins. Then the Burton Midfield stepped forward 10 yards. The Alex persisted with the same dogmatic approach and started getting themselves into trouble.
    The worrying things for me were repeats of last year. A hole in midfield when we don't have the ball and the over-reliance on turning back to our half looking for an easy pass rather than taking a chance on moving forward. This led to intense pressure being put on the back line.
    Also after those first 15 mins, I didn't see the players getting forward in numbers, much like last season.
    Thank you for a good report.

I don't expect a reply and don't want one but the problem is the same issue. You have coaches, training the players to pass the ball, ie pass, pass, pass and that takes place at all levels underneath the first team squad so to speak. ie far too many coaches. If it was just one manager/coach at the club, he would see most of the matches and tell the players NOT to pass, pass, pass,but to get forward and attack the opposition. And flr the midfield to move forwards at the same time which would result in better chances on goal and take the pressure off the defence. How do O know? Spurs did it in the sixties and were called the 'push and run' team....and they won the double doing just that..

Summary is far too many coaches and nobody who knows HOW to play this game..

Ten kids off the street would have a better idea and we spend millions on coaching!

No replies needed! But you will get the same message as you are getting watching the game and I don't need to...The key is to have a very strong midfield that knows how to play the game..academy players are overtrained to pass,pass, pass, pass...tell them attack is the game, not defending!

Funny how we all see a different game.
    Thought Cooney was excellent.
    Tracey poor
    CBR poor apart from goal
    Billington and O’Riorden excellent
    BSD surprisingly good.
    Holicek looked good
    Trialist number 8 looked ok
    All tempered with the fact that we were playing against L 1 players who were way ahead of us in technique and movement.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Funny how we all see a different game.
    Thought Cooney was excellent.
    Tracey poor
    CBR poor apart from goal
    Billington and O’Riorden excellent
    BSD surprisingly good.
    Holicek looked good
    Trialist number 8 looked ok
    All tempered with the fact that we were playing against L 1 players who were way ahead of us in technique and movement.
    I thought Cooney was fine, just looked heavy - maybe he always does. Will ask my Morecambe friends (who really rated him.)

Appreciate that it was our first serious pre season game. Thought O`Riordan was excellent. Liked the way he was marshalling the defence. In the first 20 minutes Adebisi showed a big improvement.. Went in the ticket office, the shop, and the admin. no teamsheet. In the second half 15 looked levely then wit. hin 10 minutes he faded. Thought BSD had a good solid display. If we fail to get a new CB perhaps O`Riordan and BSD for first league game. Too early for Billington. Think that Long will be important for us this season. He is a player who can make things happen.

The midfield, oh dear. Start to believe they think football is a no contact sport. They allow opponents to make 20 yard runs totally unchallenged. Do not press, close down, or challenge. Burtons first goal was down to the midfield.

I had hoped that for a new season there would have been an improvement in our tactics and competitiveness but it was the same old. The supporters round me were moaning about it. TBH if LB, KL, and the multitude of coaches insist on playing this seriously outdated form of football their future in the professional game is bleak. They should put in a ton of overtime and study DVD`s of City, Arsenal, Newcastle. Liverpool, and some of the unfashionable teams like Brentford, Burnley, Luton. and if they do not come away realising that their mode of play is completely outdated then they do not belong in football. I do believe we supporters are entitled to better.

Have to say I was shocked on Sunday when LB said he was pleased with the performance. It was so poor.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Appreciate that it was our first serious pre season game. Thought O`Riordan was excellent. Liked the way he was marshalling the defence. In the first 20 minutes Adebisi showed a big improvement.. Went in the ticket office, the shop, and the admin. no teamsheet. In the second half 15 looked levely then wit. hin 10 minutes he faded. Thought BSD had a good solid display. If we fail to get a new CB perhaps O`Riordan and BSD for first league game. Too early for Billington. Think that Long will be important for us this season. He is a player who can make things happen.

The midfield, oh dear. Start to believe they think football is a no contact sport. They allow opponents to make 20 yard runs totally unchallenged. Do not press, close down, or challenge. Burtons first goal was down to the midfield.

I had hoped that for a new season there would have been an improvement in our tactics and competitiveness but it was the same old. The supporters round me were moaning about it. TBH if LB, KL, and the multitude of coaches insist on playing this seriously outdated form of football their future in the professional game is bleak. They should put in a ton of overtime and study DVD`s of City, Arsenal, Newcastle. Liverpool, and some of the unfashionable teams like Brentford, Burnley, Luton. and if they do not come away realising that their mode of play is completely outdated then they do not belong in football. I do believe we supporters are entitled to better.

Have to say I was shocked on Sunday when LB said he was pleased with the performance. It was so poor.
    I got a team sheet from the normal counter in the shop at 20 to 3, without problem, though they were running short at that point. 15 was young Holicek. Yes, he shone while most of the starters were still on. Agree that O'Riordan looked like an experienced CH, taking charge, despite his youth, in what was, till Cooney came on (#20), a very young defence. Adebisi, despite being a ''natural LB', I think always looks better at RB, as he was till Finney went off.

Lukcour is right..and its a weakness doomed to failure..

Its a really bad sign to have coaches and managers a long time and where some fans and the Directors congratulate them for being with us for decades, it could be they are unable to get another job elsewhere and so we get stuck with them and their ideas that went out with the unicorn...If they can't coach or train players to attack as seems then what use are they? Even Dario could not do much when he came back again and again. 5 years is the maximum for any coach or manager and I can never understand why the PL give multi year contracts when they could ALL be on 6 month one that can be renewed or rejected based wholly on performance.

Mike there are mainly 2 reasons why all of our coaches are getting away with this dreadful standard of negative football.

1. The Chairman and directors are allowing it to continue. Surely like the majority of our supporters they must realise that the football we are playing is dull, boring and lifeless. I have talked to business friends and their advice is the people in charge should give the management 2 months to drastically improve.

2. By far the greatest majority of our supporters sit for game after game bored and shocked by the dreadfully poor displays. But they accept all this in silence, not a word. Unless they find their voice, shout, protest, demand, and protest it will continue. If you stay silent you are allowing it to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Mike there are mainly 2 reasons why all of our coaches are getting away with this dreadful standard of negative football.

1. The Chairman and directors are allowing it to continue. Surely like the majority of our supporters they must realise that the football we are playing is dull, boring and lifeless. I have talked to business friends and their advice is the people in charge should give the management 2 months to drastically improve.

2. By far the greatest majority of our supporters sit for game after game bored and shocked by the dreadfully poor displays. But they accept all this in silence, not a word. Unless they find their voice, shout, protest, demand, and protest it will continue. If you stay silent you are allowing it to continue.
    Jesus Christ, the season has not started and the knives are out already. The negativity of some people is so annoying. Business friends are advising you that our board should get rid of the management after 2 months unless things drastically improve. I have never heard anything to ridiculous in all my life. Well, except for reading Mike's posts of course. Normal business bears no resemblance to football. The factors influencing success or failure in football are not the same as the business world. Most football clubs run at a loss. Any business running consistently at a loss would close. That doesn't happen with many football clubs for a number of reasons.

My advice is to get behind the team and, yes, the management and support the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Jesus Christ, the season has not started and the knives are already out ...
    Jesus, Mary and Joseph and the wee donkey to be more accurate ...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast