+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: PSF Forest

Quote Originally Posted by KPie View Post
    It was a glorified training session which Brought in a decent amount of cash. No injuries so all in a good day

Only negative for me was munakandafa, looked totally out of his depth, and way behind the rest of the team. Based on that i fully expect him to be shipoed out on loan all year and then released.

Claxton looked ok, but didn't really have anything to do.
    I though Luther did OK without setting the game alight. Don't forget he's only 18/19 and he was up against some decent quality oppo. Clax looked OK, but I do agree that he was never really put under any pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    I remember clever dips like you making similar comments about Rio Ferdinand and John Stones.

If you know football so well, maybe suggest alternatives.

Cameron has been a fine signing for Notts - No doubt.
    They are fine comparisons and I understand your point, but my argument holds.I fear we will not be challenging for promotion or the play offs if we cannot stop making unforced errors, which I'm afraid he's guilty of. My personal opinion, one not shared by many it appears. 😁
    In terms of alternatives, it's a long time since Notts have been in such a strong position to attract players.It seems obvious that Williams is happy with his squad or we wont break our wage structure, otherwise surely we could attract any number of available players.
    Yes, overall he has been a good signing, as have almost all over the last 2-3 seasons.
    I think Luke Williams rightly tried to protect him yesterday, with some validity in his comments but also maybe because he' s aware that we make too any schoolboy errors
    I genuinely hope he goes error free all season and proves me to be the "halfwit", which in hindsight was an ungenerous and ignorant comment.
    My concerns remain though

Rather boring game was hoping for a goal fest like last year. Especially for a Notts goal maybe McGoldrick.

But really nothing to read here anybody who thinks there are signs of better things are sadly mistaken. It's way too early for this.
    However getting on the pitch and playing before a crowd will help in the process

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Excellent from Luke Williams, but I don't believe it for a minute.
    Having just watched the highlights nor do I

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post
    Rather boring game was hoping for a goal fest like last year. Especially for a Notts goal maybe McGoldrick.

But really nothing to read here anybody who thinks there are signs of better things are sadly mistaken. It's way too early for this.
    However getting on the pitch and playing before a crowd will help in the process
    It was boring because of Forest, to be fair. They played the way they do in the Prem - didn’t want the ball, just kept a solid shape out of possession and looked to counter every so often. Fair enough it’s all about practising how you play and getting ready for the season, but god it made it a terrible spectacle. They had a £20m winger more interested in tracking Adebayo-Rowling’s runs forward than doing any attacking himself in the first half.

It's all about minutes in the legs, trying things and preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hassan View Post

I thought there were a lot of promising signs. We can go four at the back and look tight without looking short in midfield. Jodi Jones looked the most threatening player on the pitch, Forest couldn't get the ball off him and Stone ( although not much to do ) looks a big presence in the goal.
    We also looked to have improved as a team since Stoke last week.
    My only real concern is that both Scott and Langstaff have looked isolated by themselves and McG is doing his best work deep.

No supply from the middle. Very little supply down the left. More from right but delivery poor too often.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I though Luther did OK without setting the game alight. Don't forget he's only 18/19 and he was up against some decent quality oppo.
    I love seeing the young players get a chance, but I thought Luther was disappointing to be honest. He had several opportunities to take responsibility and take on his opponent and even if he hadn't succeeded, people would have factored in exactly what you've said above. In reality though, he didn't seem to want to "have a go" and constantly, literally passed the buck/ball to one of his team-mates.

In his defence, I thought there was a lot of buck-passing and back-passing throughout the team yesterday, more reminiscent of Ardleyball than the Luke Williams style, so maybe Luther was just sucked into that overall mood and maybe the players had been told not to engage their opponent too directly for fear of bad tackles/injuries, but whatever the reason, Luther will need to show a lot more than we saw in his cameo yesterday if he's going to challenge for a first-team place.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I thought there were a lot of promising signs. We can go four at the back and look tight without looking short in midfield. Jodi Jones looked the most threatening player on the pitch, Forest couldn't get the ball off him and Stone ( although not much to do ) looks a big presence in the goal.
    We also looked to have improved as a team since Stoke last week.
    My only real concern is that both Scott and Langstaff have looked isolated by themselves and McG is doing his best work deep.
    McGoldrick signed for Notts becuase he wanted to come here in his twilight years. And we were correct to sign him.

But from a psychological perspective it makes you wonder of course.

Personally I am unsure about the motives. I do very much hope I am wrong.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast