+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: PSF Forest

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Excellent write up from tomhwilliams23 on our new Hybrid 5-2-2-1/4-3-3 system.

https://twitter.com/tomhwilliams23/s...81385797378048
    The thing that has been mentioned already about Langstaff being isolated does appear to come into play more with this style of 4.3.3 and we would have the overload on the wings mostly the right wing rather than through the middle so imo we wouldn’t be as effective in front of goal although we would appear more secure defensively - it’s a fine balance interesting and exciting season ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    The thing that has been mentioned already about Langstaff being isolated does appear to come into play more with this style of 4.3.3 and we would have the overload on the wings mostly the right wing rather than through the middle so imo we wouldn’t be as effective in front of goal although we would appear more secure defensively - it’s a fine balance interesting and exciting season ahead
    I suggested a few weeks ago 4-3-3 could be the way to go and would offer a better defensive balance. I think in that system Macca out wide right, where he played for Gateshead, and DM in the centre would be worth a go. We have to get Macca into the game more, him and Cedwyn were both anonymous at the weekend…..and were towards the end of last season too.

Blindingly obvious really Smiffy

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Back in the late 70s early 80s I went 5 seasons without hardly missing a game, I thought myself very lucky to be in a position to do this, I was single with a well paid job, a gaffer who allowed me flexi hours to cover night games, a regular lift & a group of like minded mates, but I never thought of myself as some kind of superior fan, just very fortunate compared to others who would like to do the same. All I would say Durham is enjoy it whilst you can because circumstances often change & although like me you will probably always prefer to be there, there are 100s of reasons you may not be able to be, don't think you are someone special rather someone who is fortunate to be able to do what most of us cannot. COYP
    I'm certainly not special ancientpie, and i do appreciate that for some it is not always possible to get to see the games. I understand how difficult it is, Ive been through it myself, so i know. If you live local and would like to a attend game during the season please message me. I would more than like to buy you a ticket..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm certainly not special ancientpie, and i do appreciate that for some it is not always possible to get to see the games. I understand how difficult it is, Ive been through it myself, so i know. If you live local and would like to a attend game during the season please message me. I would more than like to buy you a ticket..
    Cheers mate & thanks for the offer but for me it's not a financial issue, I have a ST, but I have other commitments that prevent me attending many games. I still hope that in the future I can start travelling with the Pies again & will gladly buy you a pint, COYP

Cheers mate & thanks for the offer but for me it's not a financial issue, I have a ST, but I have other commitments that prevent me attending many games. I still hope that in the future I can start travelling with the Pies again & will gladly buy you a pint, COYP
    All the very best mate. I hope you will be able to get down to the lane some day soon, and i would like to have a pint with you.. COYP

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I suggested a few weeks ago 4-3-3 could be the way to go and would offer a better defensive balance. I think in that system Macca out wide right, where he played for Gateshead, and DM in the centre would be worth a go. We have to get Macca into the game more, him and Cedwyn were both anonymous at the weekend…..and were towards the end of last season too.
    I doubt it would happen but i'd love to see us try the 4-2-3-1. Jones on the left, Macca right with McGoldrick behind Scott. That front 4 with Palmer and Bostock behind would be a joy to watch imo.

Back in the late 70s early 80s I went 5 seasons without hardly missing a game, I thought myself very lucky to be in a position to do this, I was single with a well paid job, a gaffer who allowed me flexi hours to cover night games, a regular lift & a group of like minded mates, but I never thought of myself as some kind of superior fan, just very fortunate compared to others who would like to do the same. All I would say Durham is enjoy it whilst you can because circumstances often change & although like me you will probably always prefer to be there, there are 100s of reasons you may not be able to be, don't think you are someone special rather someone who is fortunate to be able to do what most of us cannot. COYP
    Very good post ancient pie.

Fortunate (in terms of going to Meadow Lane) is a great word to describe it.

When I lived in Nottinghamshire , unless out of the country (travelling or on holiday) or at a wedding (once thankfully, and turned out a great game to miss due to the embarrassing exit from the FA Cup) I went to every home game as a ST holder for basically 30 years. But that was really easy to do because I could drive to park up near the ground in about 20/25 mins and it's what I wanted to do most on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening. Call it home comforts and lots of free time.

Plus finances were never an issue.

When you move house and it becomes a 6 hour round and you have a young family then understandably a ST makes no sense and it's not easy to justify the circa 9 hours taken out of your weekend for 90 mins action. Plus I'd rather spend it with the family. In this scenario in recent seasons a BT sports subscription and plenty of away games in the south become the obvious and best option even though only a couple replicated that easy trip to the game.

You just never know other people's circumstances, prioritises and why they can't go to as many games as they would (selfishly) wish to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    I doubt it would happen but i'd love to see us try the 4-2-3-1. Jones on the left, Macca right with McGoldrick behind Scott. That front 4 with Palmer and Bostock behind would be a joy to watch imo.
    I would be very surprised if LW who moved Macca from the wing to centre forward scoring 42 goals(some would say genius)would move him back to the wing when we have Nemane, Jones ,Austin and Randall who can all play out wide if we did play a 4 at the back.
    Possibly more chance of Macca playing as a 2 up front or as a 10 but don't think that will happen either - Macca is our No 9

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Very good post ancient pie.

Fortunate (in terms of going to Meadow Lane) is a great word to describe it.

When I lived in Nottinghamshire , unless out of the country (travelling or on holiday) or at a wedding (once thankfully, and turned out a great game to miss due to the embarrassing exit from the FA Cup) I went to every home game as a ST holder for basically 30 years. But that was really easy to do because I could drive to park up near the ground in about 20/25 mins and it's what I wanted to do most on a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening. Call it home comforts and lots of free time.

Plus finances were never an issue.

When you move house and it becomes a 6 hour round and you have a young family then understandably a ST makes no sense and it's not easy to justify the circa 9 hours taken out of your weekend for 90 mins action. Plus I'd rather spend it with the family. In this scenario in recent seasons a BT sports subscription and plenty of away games in the south become the obvious and best option even though only a couple replicated that easy trip to the game.

You just never know other people's circumstances, prioritises and why they can't go to as many games as they would (selfishly) wish to.
    I once went 13 seasons without missing a home league game, holidays weren't booked without consulting the fixture list ( looking back I must have been very selfish) but for the time being I can only make Home 3.00 KO games. Can you imagine my frustration last season, we were playing great & KO times kept changing, I actually missed more games than at any time since 1970 & couldn't even make Wembley thank Christ for BT. I feel sure that most of the posters would love the chance to attend more games home or away but life is what it is. COYP

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast