+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Spartans

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    agree with this. We were the better team and so we should have been. The lack of any Ariel threat in the box or half decent striker cost us today. Watt should never have started today and don’t get me started on that penalty. Striker has to be a priority and hopefully a couple of other players still to come in. Still, no excuses for today that was just no where near good enough.
    Sorry but we werent the better team. We passed side to side and couldnt create.

Spartans played very well. We only looked a bit better in the end as younger players except chalmers came on and provided energy and better fitness.

Sorry mate I thought especially in the 2nd half we were the better team. Not saying we deserved to be out and out winners, but if we had someone who knew where the fecking net was then things wld have been different. That said we still look lost and lacked any creativity and this continual tippy tappy sh it really boils my pi sh!! I do agree that the youngsters provided a bit of energy.

I was at the game today.
    The whole experience has left me greatly worried.
    We are one hundred miles away from good enough.
    Cudjoe apart the rest were totally clueless in the final third.

Another season and another new low.

Club is rotten from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by pertharab View Post
    Embarrassing. Ffs can it get any worse. Get Goodwin right away to f*ck now before he embarrasses us any more. I have the absolute fear for this season.
    How does that work then ?
    Chairman says to Goodwin ‘ get to f*ck now’
    Goodwin says ‘ok’ tear up my contract and don’t pay me’
    Or Goodwin says ‘ok but I’ve got a 2 year contract that you’ll have to pay me’
    Like it not and many of us don’t Goodwin won’t be going anywhere soon.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    How does that work then ?
    Chairman says to Goodwin ‘ get to f*ck now’
    Goodwin says ‘ok’ tear up my contract and don’t pay me’
    Or Goodwin says ‘ok but I’ve got a 2 year contract that you’ll have to pay me’
    Like it not and many of us don’t Goodwin won’t be going anywhere soon.
    I'll tell you how it works. No way the fraud walks away without having his contract paid up. So here's the scenario 1) he stays and we go up then I'll admit I was wrong but for the life of me I just can't see that happening. 2) we stay down and if that was with Goodwin still in place he would surely get punted at the end of the season so then we would be paying up one year of his contract rather than two. So we are talking about 'losing' one year's salary having to be paid up. Compare that to the further losses to the club staying down and it pales into insignificance. The difference between a second year down and bouncing straight back up is huge so it comes down to whether you think Goodwin is the man to get us promoted. Imo he most certainly isn't, in fact I think the man is clueless, doesn't have an eye for a player, is tactically naive and out of his depth. Hence my view that he should go now before he does any more damage to our club. If you think otherwise i.e. we should persevere with him then you are perfectly entitled to your view and I hope that you are proved correct but think you will end up disappointed.

It was a terrible result, no doubt about that but I think we need to consider the high turnover of players at the club. It's like watching us last time we were relegated and it won't surprise me in the slightest if we have another extended stay in this division. To get promoted a club needs stability and quality, in my opinion we have neither at the moment.

Early days.But that was a hellish result.I canna muster any enthusiasm for this season.Hope this changes by the Arbroath game.Have to hit the ground running.Ha Ha.You canna win the league the first 6 or so games but you could loose it.The way it's looking Im more concerned about the bottom of the league.DInna want to be the next dunfermline or Falkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It was a terrible result, no doubt about that but I think we need to consider the high turnover of players at the club. It's like watching us last time we were relegated and it won't surprise me in the slightest if we have another extended stay in this division. To get promoted a club needs stability and quality, in my opinion we have neither at the moment.
    Agree T , not just high turn over of players but also replacing them on much reduced budget means a lower quality of player , never saw game yesterday but horrendous result , serious doubts about us going up straight away

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Agree T , not just high turn over of players but also replacing them on much reduced budget means a lower quality of player , never saw game yesterday but horrendous result , serious doubts about us going up straight away
    Lower quality than the players you were slating the night before the game? Wake up, smell the coffee, Goodwin is f*cking clueless. Let's see how long it takes you to realise.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)