+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday - Offer 10 Year Season Tickets

Sheffield Wednesday - Offer 10 Year Season Tickets

After launching a 10 year season ticket offer in 2020, Sheffield Wednesday have offered it again.

The offer -

£5,500 on the Kop
    £7,000 North or Grandstand
    £8,000 South Stand

The offer of the ten year season ticket, brings the a offer of free years -
    The ten years don't count down until the Owls reach the premier league,
    so so many years would be free.

Example
    The Owls promoted to the premier league in 6 years time, so a 10 year season ticket holder will
    have accumulated six seasons before his 10 year package has even commenced, therefore a
    season ticket holder would receive a total of 16 years.
    The club say if the Owls promoted to premier league this next season, that they would add a
    further 2 years onto the 10 year package, if promoted to premier the season after, a extra
    1 year onto the 10 year package.

Fans buying a 10 year package note -
    Due to financial regulations for credit card purchases against such products, the club is unable
    to accept credit / debit card payments for 10 year purchase's.

Could the club be skint, & trying to get cash into the coffers.

I remember Millers05(?) raising money for the new stand at Millmoor, I was one of the 57 people putting £1000 in for a 10yrs season ticket( or maybe longer?) When Dennis Coleman took over he (They) just said it wasn't their agreement and that was the end of that....
    ................needless to say our lass wasn't very happy with me.......

I'd be wary that the chairman is looking to use the supporters money today to get them into the Premiership asap and then he could 'pocket' a good percentage of the 600M plus parachute payments (or whatever it is) once they had done that leaving him a very rich man (or richer than he already is) and SWFC a very broken club.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I remember Millers05(?) raising money for the new stand at Millmoor, I was one of the 57 people putting £1000 in for a 10yrs season ticket( or maybe longer?) When Dennis Coleman took over he (They) just said it wasn't their agreement and that was the end of that....
    ................needless to say our lass wasn't very happy with me.......
    Same here, Avondale. But since I was living overseas I asked if I could swap the deal for two free home match tickets instead. The club were happy to oblige (organised by that very decent lad who was the fan's rep on the RUFC board. Can't remember his name now.)

My deal of course went the same way as the main deal when Dennis took over from the Millers05 group.

Aye...them wo days
    Actually felt a bit sorry for Millers 05,and Toot & Ploot,they tried their best when we were in the sh*t.
    Wonder if any of them still go to games,used to see Dennis at away games years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Aye...them wo days
    Actually felt a bit sorry for Millers 05,and Toot & Ploot,they tried their best when we were in the sh*t.
    Wonder if any of them still go to games,used to see Dennis at away games years ago.
    1 off them was a on the board at brebtford..

The writers dad

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    After launching a 10 year season ticket offer in 2020, Sheffield Wednesday have offered it again.

The offer -

£5,500 on the Kop
    £7,000 North or Grandstand
    £8,000 South Stand

The offer of the ten year season ticket, brings the a offer of free years -
    The ten years don't count down until the Owls reach the premier league,
    so so many years would be free.

Example
    The Owls promoted to the premier league in 6 years time, so a 10 year season ticket holder will
    have accumulated six seasons before his 10 year package has even commenced, therefore a
    season ticket holder would receive a total of 16 years.
    The club say if the Owls promoted to premier league this next season, that they would add a
    further 2 years onto the 10 year package, if promoted to premier the season after, a extra
    1 year onto the 10 year package.

Fans buying a 10 year package note -
    Due to financial regulations for credit card purchases against such products, the club is unable
    to accept credit / debit card payments for 10 year purchase's.

Could the club be skint, & trying to get cash into the coffers.
    ELK, how many of the average Weds fans can walk in off the street with £5,500, £7,000 or £8,000 stuffed in a LIDL carrier bag?

The man is deluded if he thinks anyone with an ounce of commonsense is willing to put CASH into such an idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ELK, how many of the average Weds fans can walk in off the street with £5,500, £7,000 or £8,000 stuffed in a LIDL carrier bag?

The man is deluded if he thinks anyone with an ounce of commonsense is willing to put CASH into such an idea!
    Been said some fans took up the offer in 2020, the club now saying interest from some fans who asked about the offer
    again, but how many.
    Has you say Brin, how many can afford to pay the amounts mentioned.

Like I said in the original start of the thread, are the club in need of money, & will try their best to get it from anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Aye...them wo days

A vanity project Millers05 wanted the fans to finance. They were full of shyte.

As it proved.

Yeah, let's all feel a bit sorry for the rich lawyer and his pals who led a fair few supporters down the garden path and took their hard earned with them. Wouldn't p!ss on them if they were on fire.

Sounds like something a High Court Judge would sentence you to for a serious crime.

"I sentence you to ten years hard labour at Hillsborough Stadium watching that ****e surrounded by inbred tramps."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast