+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season ticket rebate

Season ticket rebate

I for one will not be waiving this like the covid one, they never listened to any of us in January so f uck them

Their fault we're in this league now, fans last season were tremendous and treated us with contempt

Yeah, there will be far fewer folk doing it this time for those exact reasons.

I'll be waiving mine but can understand people not doing so, lots of mistakes were made last season which led to a needless and avoidable relegation, just addressing the goalkeeper issue mid season would have saw us stay up

However they got things right more often than not from the doldrums of 2018 to securing 4th in 2022 and the AZ home leg was still an amazing night that will live in the memory

That's my reasons for waiving

Totally agree OA , even it means buying a scarf and donating it to a kids charity , that statement will do nothing but the blood of the support

A wee message across the bows of those in charge to not take our amazing support for granted is in order……………………….

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    A wee message across the bows of those in charge to not take our amazing support for granted is in order……………………….
    That's fair. Need to say though, no one is forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to here.

What it does show is that those at the top of the club are so far removed from the fan base it’s unreal

I think that the club really needs to take some ownership of the situation that we are in. This damage was 100% self inflicted and the fans weren't listened to by the club until it was too late. To in anyway try and land this on the fans would show a complete lack of ownership of the incompetence shown my the owner and TA last season.

The fans backed the team in the face of adversity last season and the fans were left massively let down. MO should be on his hands and knees begging for forgiveness instead of appearing to try and milk every penny he can fro.mthe fans in what may appear as a fire sale to many others.

The fans have backed the club with remarkable season ticket sales which is incredible considering the contempt they were held in with Januarys window and "Tony is my guy" comment.

If they want a statement from the fans to show backing by not claiming their rebate...then how about you make a statement and get us the players in that shows your commitment to the club MR O!

The club REALLY needs to come out and talk to the fans to gauge what the fans are feeling. It feels constantly like the PR folk are not only not on the same page...but not even on the same book! None of this self inflicted mess can be landed at the fans feet and the club is gonna have to put in some graft to earn the trust that they need to move on.

At the moment, this has the feel of an owner that is trying to cut his losses and squeeze every penny out of the club before he up sticks.

Results, players, communication and some hope is needed in abundance to erase these concerns! Try and read the room, United!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    I for one will not be waiving this like the covid one, they never listened to any of us in January so f uck them

Their fault we're in this league now, fans last season were tremendous and treated us with contempt
    Totally agree with this. I waved it as did my father and son after covid.

However over the past few seasons there has been a clear disconnect between the club and the fans. A disconnect underlined by the mind boggling self sabotaging actions taken in January, which were amplified by MO ludicrous comments at the AGM.

If there is a lesson the club can learn from this. It is to not take our great support for granted. A support which again despite having been relegated has purchasing over 5000 ST’s.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)