+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2023-24: Squad numbers

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    i'm on it.

Just sent a freedom of information request to ask if the milk bill has been n paid.
    xdxdxd
    Last edited by bule1; 14-07-2023 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Emoji did not work

So much for emoji work LOL

Quality m_m

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Looks like @JB413561 and @ItsLennnn are genuinely concerned are as a result are doing some good digging.
    As a fan, I don't see how I actually benefit from such vague rumour and speculation.

There's nothing tangible around Notts County FC itself that suggests any great reason for concern. We've just been promoted, we've retained most of our squad and there's new investment in infrastructure. If the events at Football Radar are true there could be any number of reasons, like changing the way the business operates, moving more operations abroad, or simply the owners choosing to focus more time and money on us, bearing in mind the suggestions that they've got more money behind them than just what is evident at Football Radar.

On the other hand, if events elsewhere will have an effect on the football club somewhere down the line, what am I (for which read we) supposed to do about it? Does it give us any more control over events? Can we change anything? Not that I can see. All it gives us is a potentially unjustified worry, but with no more control over the situation than we had before.

Frankly, I've thoroughly enjoyed the past three or four years talking just about football and not off-the field financial problems. Unless or until I see direct evidence that the club has something to worry about, I'm happier just focusing on what seems right now just focusing on the football.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    As a fan, I don't see how I actually benefit from such vague rumour and speculation.

There's nothing tangible around Notts County FC itself that suggests any great reason for concern. We've just been promoted, we've retained most of our squad and there's new investment in infrastructure. If the events at Football Radar are true there could be any number of reasons, like changing the way the business operates, moving more operations abroad, or simply the owners choosing to focus more time and money on us, bearing in mind the suggestions that they've got more money behind them than just what is evident at Football Radar.

On the other hand, if events elsewhere will have an effect on the football club somewhere down the line, what am I (for which read we) supposed to do about it? Does it give us any more control over events? Can we change anything? Not that I can see. All it gives us is a potentially unjustified worry, but with no more control over the situation than we had before.

Frankly, I've thoroughly enjoyed the past three or four years talking just about football and not off-the field financial problems. Unless or until I see direct evidence that the club has something to worry about, I'm happier just focusing on what seems right now just focusing on the football.
    A superb post. A simply superb post.

Jackal2, seriously it is if you've posted exactly my thoughts on this sort of thing. Word for word except you avoided all my usual lazy spelling mistakes and grammatical errors

At the moment it's just unsubstantiated rumour. If true, I don't know the reason. If the reason is worrying I don't know the level of connection and therefore impact on Notts. And as you say even if all true, worrying connected, detrimentally impactful what can I do about it as a supporter?

I can't speak for the fanbase but like I said personally I'm going to need a lot more information and hard evidence for it to even register.

Maybe they see Notts as more of a priority now - as a Football League club - and that's why they're making cuts at Radar.
    If we had the internet in the 70s-90s there would have been times when fans would have panicked over Dunnett or Pavis' business interests going through difficulties.
    I'd never previously heard of Football Radar and I'm assuming it's not generating massively more money than the businesses owned by previous chairmen, but if they are relying on that business alone for generating the cash to fund Notts, the major positive is that we be got back into the FL before they ran into difficulties. Had we missed out then this would have no doubt been a much bigger deal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123