+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Southend United FC

Southend United FC

Looks like another former long standing league club could be out of business very soon. Very sad times.
    Have cancelled both of their opening PSF to date as don’t have enough players.
    Seen a picture on social media of the ground which looks like it’s been abandoned.
    Hopefully the club can be sold in the coming weeks or it looks to be curtains.
    On a side note Chesterfield won’t have an easier chance of getting out of the NL.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Looks like another former long standing league club could be out of business very soon. Very sad times.
    Have cancelled both of their opening PSF to date as don’t have enough players.
    Seen a picture on social media of the ground which looks like it’s been abandoned.
    Hopefully the club can be sold in the coming weeks or it looks to be curtains.
    On a side note Chesterfield won’t have an easier chance of getting out of the NL.
    Doesn't Southend's demise deny Chesterfield six points?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Doesn't Southend's demise deny Chesterfield six points?
    If Southend do survive I think it will deny most teams 6 points.

My point about Chesterfield is the investment they have made in players v the whole competition in the NL. It looks seriously weak this season coming. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Chesterfield promoted with a good number of games remaining.

Not football news I wanted to wake up to.

Never been to Roots Hall, only driven past it but when I think of Sarfend I think of early to mid 90s and watch Ricky Otto and Co against a Derby or similar on Central TVs chosen Sunday game from the Championship whilst slowly doing homework.

Been a little talk of Southend being a potential threat (dark horses) to the clear favourites (5/2) Chesterfield following last season's efforts but I note this morning the Es*** sides odds have dramatically dropped these past couple of days from 16/1 to 33/1. Information only.

If you aren't run well, have a dodgy owner, are a mess off the field with serious problems ultimately you've got no chance of success on it. From a distance Maher seemed to do a great job last season in incredibly difficult circumstances but after a while they got too much and they fell away.

Wish them well obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    If Southend do survive I think it will deny most teams 6 points.

My point about Chesterfield is the investment they have made in players v the whole competition in the NL. It looks seriously weak this season coming. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Chesterfield promoted with a good number of games remaining.
    Will be even more funny if they don’t make it. I think it’s my favourite promotion for us I’ve seen, getting to the top flight last time was amazing but the feeling this time was total relievement. I bet they’re feeling they’re never going to get out with how the last couple of seasons have gone.
    Wish the best to Southend.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Will be even more funny if they don’t make it. I think it’s my favourite promotion for us I’ve seen, getting to the top flight last time was amazing but the feeling this time was total relievement. I bet they’re feeling they’re never going to get out with how the last couple of seasons have gone.
    Wish the best to Southend.
    There's always an unexpected dark horse or two in every season and it's a pig of a league to get out of. There always seems to be an elevated level of anxiety for any club that wants to get out of the NL and back to the League, more so than any other League, prob because it is so difficult.

Best of luck to Southend. As far as I recall, their ownership problems have been ongoing since @ 2019. They deserve a decent break or two.

York City might be dark horses this season - seem to spending a bit. Hard to see beyond Oldham or Chesterfield, though.

I see Southend have been given another extention to pay the HMRC recently. How many times can that happen though when the season start is getting closer and no interested buyers. Sad times for their fans indeed.

As for Cheaterfurlough they're just following Wrexhams business plan of throwing money at the title this season. If that doesn't work they could end up like Southend though.

Hope they make it, but once clubs drop out of the FL they seem to be much more vulnerable to going out of business, Newport, Chester, Halifax, Darlington, Scarborough, Rushden & Diamonds, Bradford Park Avenue and Macclesfield have all gone bust and had to reform after being relegated from tier 4.
    Only Maidstone, Aldershot and Bury have gone bust whilst still in the FL in the last 60 years.

Good luck to Southend, hope they pull through but I do think and hope Chesterfield make it back this year they've been down for 6 years far too long, it's gotta be their turn this time surely.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast