+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Southend United FC

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    York City might be dark horses this season - seem to spending a bit. Hard to see beyond Oldham or Chesterfield, though.
    Yeah nice pick but obviously lots of might be dark horses. I like York and Eastleigh to finish Top 7 and Top 3.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Hope they make it, but once clubs drop out of the FL they seem to be much more vulnerable to going out of business, Newport, Chester, Halifax, Darlington, Scarborough, Rushden & Diamonds, Bradford Park Avenue and Macclesfield have all gone bust and had to reform after being relegated from tier 4.
    Only Maidstone, Aldershot and Bury have gone bust whilst still in the FL in the last 60 years.
    Didn't Macclesfield go bust in the football league the summer we got relegated?

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Didn't Macclesfield go bust in the football league the summer we got relegated?
    No it was the season after they got relegated, they were on our 2020/21 fixture list but they never played a game, the table was published with them still on it for the first few weeks of that season.

Southend are sadly screwed by an owner who sees the pound signs in redeveloping the ground for housing it seems. Let's hope they pull through and then the impending housing crash results in their current owner being hurt in the pocket because anyone who lets a football club die for their own gain deserves everything coming to them. Football isn't a normal business, it's a community

If Southend go bust it makes me shudder to think that Hashtag United (formed in 2016 by a youtuber) could become the highest placed club in the pyramid in that area, they are currently based in Pitsea (very close to Southend) and have just got promoted - with Bowers and Pitsea FC going in the opposite direction - and Hashtag are now in the same league as Canvey Island and Concord Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If Southend go bust it makes me shudder to think that Hashtag United (formed in 2016 by a youtuber) could become the highest placed club in the pyramid in that area, they are currently based in Pitsea (very close to Southend) and have just got promoted - with Bowers and Pitsea FC going in the opposite direction - and Hashtag are now in the same league as Canvey Island and Concord Rangers.
    Wouldn't it be Dagenham thought they were still in National League.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Wouldn't it be Dagenham thought they were still in National League.
    Dagenham aren't in Es*** anymore (East London borough these days) and both Gillingham and Ebbsfleet are closer to Southend than D&R, though those two are of course on the other side of the Thames Estuary. I'm sure they'd reform and rise up the levels fairly quickly but there is a danger Hashtag might gain a fair bit of extra support from this, I can't be doing with these fake clubs like FC United of Manchester.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Good luck to Southend, hope they pull through but I do think and hope Chesterfield make it back this year they've been down for 6 years far too long, it's gotta be their turn this time surely.
    I think you might be in a minority of 1 on that. I hope they're down there for a few seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Looks like another former long standing league club could be out of business very soon. Very sad times.
    Have cancelled both of their opening PSF to date as don’t have enough players.
    Seen a picture on social media of the ground which looks like it’s been abandoned.
    Hopefully the club can be sold in the coming weeks or it looks to be curtains.
    On a side note Chesterfield won’t have an easier chance of getting out of the NL.
    I think the point about Chesterfield is incredibly harsh on the other teams tbh. Oldham, York, Gateshead and Woking have all strengthened well. You'd expect Boreham Wood, Bromley and Hartlepool to be competitive also.

I'm still waiting for the government to reclaim the ferlough money they were paid seeing as they were given insurance payments for the pandemic...!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast