+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Qos v Motherwell

Latest

Would all Motherwell supporters please note there will be no in person sale at Palmerston for visiting supporters this evening.

The entire Motherwell section tickets are only available online through our ticketing link. At this moment (about 4:20pm) there are about 20 tickets still available in Section 6, There will be NO FURTHER TICKETS released to Motherwell fans after these are gone. Please do not travel to Palmerston if you do not already have an online ticket secured. Thank you.

A bit late in the day to inform them of this I think. We could see some in the home end ?

Quite clearly! If you've just travelled 65 miles in the pissing rain, - the very least you would expect is to be accommodated with your own fans, - especially if you're giving Queen of the South £12.00 for the privilege! (Albeit profits will be shared)

Perhaps, - I'm old fashioned, - but hey-ho. If the boot was on the other foot, and I'd travelled up to Motherwell, - (which I've done at least twice) then I'd expect to pay at the gate and sit with my own fans.

Quite clearly, it is far more sensible when it comes to catering/ stewarding etc to know how many fans to expect with advance ticket sales, - but I simply don't understand if the turnstyles are open anyway, - why the away fans(who haven't pre-purchased) can't simply buy their tickets from the normal outlet and walk round?

And then we wonder why crowds are down!

"And then we wonder why crowds are down!"

In a nutshell! Chance of hundreds, if not thousands of pounds of extra cash in the coffers, but, no, Queens obvously ain't too bothered.

Quite some game with plenty of positives to take away from it. At 2-1 down it looked as though we were heading for a bit of a pasting but Reilly's well taken equaliser led to a rally from Queens taking a decent premier League team all the way. Gavin clearly better than anything he offered last season, McKechnie terrorised the Motherwell defence on numerous occasions taking the opener brilliantly and Botterill looked the real deal between the sticks.

Decent crowd of 1,932 last night at Palmerston.

Where do we begin with the superlatives?

That's the best Queens team I've seen in at least a decade, - and at last we have a midfielder in Mimnaugh, - or however you spell his name, - who takes control of the game and distributes the ball with ease. Without doubt, - he was my man of the match.

Every Queens player gave 100% and they looked the fitter team at the end of the 90 minutes. Marvin has certainly set the bar very high, - and the team need to replicate that effort in the league and if they do, - they will be promoted as champions.

Plenty to like last night against a team that could possibly finish in the top six in Scotland.Bit lax for two of their goals which Marvin has touched upon.Apart from that a very pleasing evening with three goals scored,despite the concerns about our striking abilities.Continue like that and this may be one very exciting and entertaining season.'Mon the South !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Plenty to like last night against a team that could possibly finish in the top six in Scotland.Bit lax for two of their goals which Marvin has touched upon.Apart from that a very pleasing evening with three goals scored,despite the concerns about our striking abilities.Continue like that and this may be one very exciting and entertaining season.'Mon the South !!
    For once well said and and few more signings to come according to the manager. In marvellous Marvin I believe. Mon the South 👏👏

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Where do we begin with the superlatives?

That's the best Queens team I've seen in at least a decade, - and at last we have a midfielder in Mimnaugh, - or however you spell his name, - who takes control of the game and distributes the ball with ease. Without doubt, - he was my man of the match.

Every Queens player gave 100% and they looked the fitter team at the end of the 90 minutes. Marvin has certainly set the bar very high, - and the team need to replicate that effort in the league and if they do, - they will be promoted as champions.
    '' the best Queens team you've seen in at least a decade '' Jardi ? - time will tell mate and i love your enthusiasm but if my memory is correct a decade ago we won Division 2 and followed it up by finishing a highly commendable 4th in the Championship.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)