+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Qos v Motherwell

We all need to get behind the team that Marvin is building because if this does not succeed then we are back to part time football and years in the lower leagues. I, for one am fully behind this guy and his philosophy of hard work at this level to get success. Inevitably if he succeeds then he will be quickly snapped up but in the short time we need to get fully behind the man. Mon the South 👏👏

Well said Spike!

Inevitably, Marvin will be plucked from our grasp, and possibly far quicker than anyone can imagine, - so we all need to reap the bounty he has sown. Yes, - one swallow does not maketh a summer, - but we not only competed with Kettlewell's very decent Motherwell side, we scared the living daylights out of them! If Marvin can keep that momentum going, - we could see a last 16 place in the League Cup, a top of the league position, - but sadly the management team stolen by the end of October.

Now, - one word of caution for Marvin, - teams like Dundee Utd will already have him on their radar, - but he is clearly way bigger than Tannadice, - no disrespect to the Tangerines, - and he will ultimately perform on the top stages in England, - so he needs to swat away the admirers and make a real name for himself at Palmerston over a year to 18 months and then look at all the offers on the table.

Yes, the season has not even commenced properly, and that is how high I rate this man.

I thoroughly enjoyed these highlights of the game taken from different angles from Motherwell FC
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJlNZE4nefQ

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Well said Spike!

Inevitably, Marvin will be plucked from our grasp, and possibly far quicker than anyone can imagine, - so we all need to reap the bounty he has sown. Yes, - one swallow does not maketh a summer, - but we not only competed with Kettlewell's very decent Motherwell side, we scared the living daylights out of them! If Marvin can keep that momentum going, - we could see a last 16 place in the League Cup, a top of the league position, - but sadly the management team stolen by the end of October.

Now, - one word of caution for Marvin, - teams like Dundee Utd will already have him on their radar, - but he is clearly way bigger than Tannadice, - no disrespect to the Tangerines, - and he will ultimately perform on the top stages in England, - so he needs to swat away the admirers and make a real name for himself at Palmerston over a year to 18 months and then look at all the offers on the table.

Yes, the season has not even commenced properly, and that is how high I rate this man.
    Jardi you are sounding like you should be at the theatre royal rather than Palmerston 😂😂 sorry to knock your enthusiasm but it’s been one game, and a game we failed to win at home, albeit against an spl side. This time last year we were all saying the same thing after st Johnstone and look what happened. Giving a team like Motherwell a fright is the least I expect when we have them on our own patch. There’s a long long long road to go down before we start shouting from the roof tops, however I grant you it is a decent start. But it’s only a start!!!

Absolutely Fatfan, I couldn't agree more, and if you re - read my post, you will see i did qualify it by prefacing it with "one swallow does not maketh a summer."
    There's a huge amount of work to do, but if Marvin keeps the momentum going and little QOS are sitting atop the First Division and in the last 16, don't be surprised if a host of teams do not come sniffing after Mr. Bartlett in a couple of months time.
    Now, watch us crumble at Elgin City today, and I will be eating extra portions of humble pie!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Where do we begin with the superlatives?

That's the best Queens team I've seen in at least a decade, - and at last we have a midfielder in Mimnaugh, - or however you spell his name, - who takes control of the game and distributes the ball with ease. Without doubt, - he was my man of the match.

Every Queens player gave 100% and they looked the fitter team at the end of the 90 minutes. Marvin has certainly set the bar very high, - and the team need to replicate that effort in the league and if they do, - they will be promoted as champions.

Oh how things have changed since this post Jardi 😀

Absolutely Arrol!

Once again, - a manager who thinks he knows everything. Talking a good game is one thing, - but being able to adopt and adapt to things as they occur is a completely different ball game.

I did say that one swallow does not maketh a summer, - and the swallows have now all gone, - will Marvin follow them?

Its up to him to make the changes, - I'm fed up pointing out the error of his ways, - I'll leave it in his capable hands now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)