+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aziz Behich

Aziz Behich

One of our most important players goes completely off the radar and the club need to make a short statement imo.

If rumours are correct that he's in Australia and unlikely to play for us again this season the fans are entitled to hear something.

There's several reasons why that could be the case but the club could address the matter without going into detail. Without a statement fans are going to start speculating.

If it's compassionate leave for a close relative in end of life care all it needs is a statement that it's a family matter and we respect privacy. If it's an injury, tell us.

Etc etc, but if just say he was in dispute with club and has gone awol that makes it a bit more tricky. A bid turned down maybe?

The communication from the club has been dreadful at times in recent years leaving us guessing about injuries, Butcher's absence, and the like. It's time the Club said something about Aziz. It may be quite innocent but silence doesn't help at all.

I think they have said it is a personal, family matter. To be honest, think that is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamsof83 View Post
    I think they have said it is a personal, family matter. To be honest, think that is enough.
    This. It's been reported in the local press that it's a personal matter. We don't need to know any more than that tbh. It would be nice to know how long he's going to be unavailable for, but it may be a case that he or the club don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    One of our most important players goes completely off the radar and the club need to make a short statement imo.

If rumours are correct that he's in Australia and unlikely to play for us again this season the fans are entitled to hear something.

There's several reasons why that could be the case but the club could address the matter without going into detail. Without a statement fans are going to start speculating.

If it's compassionate leave for a close relative in end of life care all it needs is a statement that it's a family matter and we respect privacy. If it's an injury, tell us.

Etc etc, but if just say he was in dispute with club and has gone awol that makes it a bit more tricky. A bid turned down maybe?

The communication from the club has been dreadful at times in recent years leaving us guessing about injuries, Butcher's absence, and the like. It's time the Club said something about Aziz. It may be quite innocent but silence doesn't help at all.
    I hear what you say about speculating and perhaps im wrong to include him in this without knowing the situation but, United have a reputation for allowing players to break contracts. Happened before with Kalvanes, Fojut . Both decent players. Behich might be the best of them all, hope you don’t lose him for nothing as he could be the difference between relegation and survival.

His wife and kids are still here though.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    This. It's been reported in the local press that it's a personal matter. We don't need to know any more than that tbh. It would be nice to know how long he's going to be unavailable for, but it may be a case that he or the club don't know.
    To be honest I've not seen anything to that effect in any press, local or national. Maybe missed it but not convinced I have. What I'm aware of surrounding Behich is through the usual 'sources', i.e. the same as what happened with Butcher last year.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    To be honest I've not seen anything to that effect in any press, local or national. Maybe missed it but not convinced I have. What I'm aware of surrounding Behich is through the usual 'sources', i.e. the same as what happened with Butcher last year.
    Was in the Courier twice last week.

If it is personal issues and he has requested that it remains private...then it remains private! I wish him all the best.
    Back to footballing issues...how does this affect our team and how do we reshuffle the pack?

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    If it is personal issues and he has requested that it remains private...then it remains private! I wish him all the best.
    Back to footballing issues...how does this affect our team and how do we reshuffle the pack?
    The role is Niskanens now imo. He did well on Saturday and needs to continue that form. Here's hoping.🤞🏼

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The role is Niskanens now imo. He did well on Saturday and needs to continue that form. Here's hoping.🤞🏼
    Yeah, he's good at the left wing back role and I'm glad he's now getting a proper chance at it.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)