+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Partick

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    We didn't go down because of what happened Oct to Jan,
    Correct BUT many of us knew there was a realistic chance from October and during this period that we were in serious danger of going down due to the disjointed squad with no real starting 11 that made sense, nothing within that period suggested we would be clear of it without issues and getting to 10th didn't pull the wool over many of our eyes, sure it was better but we knew we could be back at bottom at any moment.

IMHO I think there is a realistic chance we will be in the bottom half of the league, bottom 2/3 might be a bit drastic thinking but I think we will be closer to the bottom than top UNLESS significant investment is made in the squad.

If we go in to the season with this squad we can forget promotion

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Genuine question

Who thinks Goodwin is the man to take us forward and why?
    i don't, but i also don't think there is any manager that could get us out of this league with the current squad therefore id rather any compo money was spent on the squad rather than the payoff

Quote Originally Posted by the_arab View Post
    i don't, but i also don't think there is any manager that could get us out of this league with the current squad therefore id rather any compo money was spent on the squad rather than the payoff
    This ^^

We won't pay players contracts up, we won't pay transfer fees and we won't pay Goodwin off. The piggy bank is shut. That's where we are. We suck it up until the owner goes or something changes.

I'll judge Goodwin after 5 or 6 league games. Yes he's struggling but he's trying his best to piece together a side. I'm no way saying it's good enough yet. If Pep gave us a free year I think he'd be struggling with this too.

Was prepared to give him a chance as I don’t think even Pep would have kept that shower of heartless so called players up , however , if he is happy with current squad I am having serious doubts , problem is we can’t keep changing managers at the rate of knots we do , all that will happen is any manger worth his salt won’t go near the job with a barge pole . It’s a bit of a **** show all round

If he isn't the answer, then who is?

With the squad we have up until now , and the league we are in, with the owner obviously having superglued the purse for now, who would realistically fancy it? There might be a few, but they are probably busy getting Northend and/or Lochee United ready for their season.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Genuine question

Who thinks Goodwin is the man to take us forward and why?
    Personally, I think the problems are way deeper than JG. The club has been rotten to the core for quite a while now. Is it because we have too many non-footballing people making important decisions that are impacting on the coaching and playing? It's obvious MO knows feck all about football from a business point of view and seems to have employed people to run the club who are no better than him. Perhaps we need some sort of group made up of former players and people who know the game to advise the higher ups and challenge them on some of the decisions they have made. Something fundamental has to change or our clubs demise will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    If he isn't the answer, then who is?

With the squad we have up until now , and the league we are in, with the owner obviously having superglued the purse for now, who would realistically fancy it? There might be a few, but they are probably busy getting Northend and/or Lochee United ready for their season.
    That’s the problem , with our history of changing managers at the drop of a hat nobody decent would come near it , the list of candidates would be horrific

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    We won't pay players contracts up, we won't pay transfer fees and we won't pay Goodwin off. The piggy bank is shut. That's where we are. We suck it up until the owner goes or something changes.

I'll judge Goodwin after 5 or 6 league games. Yes he's struggling but he's trying his best to piece together a side. I'm no way saying it's good enough yet. If Pep gave us a free year I think he'd be struggling with this too.
    I think Pep would have managed to beat the Spartans, there's absolutely no way their squad is better than what we have available. Whichever way you spin it, Goodwins results are just not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    Just to play devils advocate, Partick lost more than half of their first team at the end of the season and last night they looked no different to the team that lost out to County! Get Levein in now to help build a squad! This rebuild is massive and needs more than one man trying to do it!
    Yeah, the 'new players' excuse that we've heard twice from the manager now, is pish. We aren't the only team who have had to rebuild, and even then, we should still be good enough to beat The ****ing Spartans.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)