+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435

Thread: Prediction League 2023-2024

A most enjoyable competition, Brin, and a great tussle with you and others for the top spot. There’s always this feeling that somebody’s going to have a 20+ pointer and nip in front!

As always you’ve done a great job of picking tricky games, getting the results out quickly and injecting humour and excitement.

Thank you!

Thanks Brin. Keeping a couple of dozen interested over 9 months is no mean feat, hopefully some of the other 'experts' on here will give it a go next season but I have my doubts.

At least I managed to break the 300 point barrier and take great satisfaction that I beat cayton in the 2 season long prediction comps.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Cheers M8. Great comp as usual. A few moans along the way (obv not me). Congratulations to cam for breaking the 300 club. I'm sure you will be back stronger next season and challenging the big boys.
    .....I'm sure he'll give it a good go.

Quote Originally Posted by Adventus2012 View Post
    Great competition Brin, Thanks for running it and putting your valuable time into it. It is much appreciated pal.

Have a great summer break, hope you decide to run it again next season? UTM.
    Yes, I will be looking to run one again, glad you're still interested in it. That'll be two of us then

Quote Originally Posted by leedsmiller View Post
    Very well done CT, thoroughly deserved and thanks again Brin for the hard work and for talking me out of retirement, even though at times I played like a retiree!
    I for one are actually glad you came back into it Sir. I will look forward to seeing your entries next season

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    A most enjoyable competition, Brin, and a great tussle with you and others for the top spot. There’s always this feeling that somebody’s going to have a 20+ pointer and nip in front!

As always you’ve done a great job of picking tricky games, getting the results out quickly and injecting humour and excitement.

Thank you!
    You're more than welcome my friend, you are a very worthy winner indeed. My incentive is always at the ready and that is to reclaim the crown back so beware next season

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Thanks Brin. Keeping a couple of dozen interested over 9 months is no mean feat, hopefully some of the other 'experts' on here will give it a go next season but I have my doubts.

At least I managed to break the 300 point barrier and take great satisfaction that I beat cayton in the 2 season long prediction comps.
    CAM, yes you're right, it is time consuming but something I like to do that helps keep our site on the go. The other is the camaraderie between us all as the piss takes ensue throughout the season, banter at it's best. As far ''some of the other 'experts' on here'' I offer it out there to them every season to have a go but for whatever reason, they decline, I wonder why?

This competition is open to anyone who simply have to spend maybe 5 minutes tops having a go each weekend. It's bragging rights at the end and I'm sure most of us take it very serious and curse at their screens if they have a bad weekend, I know I do

Well done for breaking the 300 club but like Cayton said, you'll be up against the big boys now, next season, as you know what the barrier is

Thanks one and all for seeing it out to the end, it's very much appreciated.

I look forward to seeing all your entries next season and the gesture for anyone to have a go, even past posters, it would be great to see you all back again. Have a great summer, look after yourselves and here's to another crack at the PL come August where we do it all again

Congrats CTMILLER! Brin - thanks for a great competition and for bringing some football enjoyment throughout a season of few highlights. Already looking forward to next season's comp which will be staged against a backdrop of League One dominance - see what one good performance does for the deluded Millers' fan!?

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25333435