+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Women's World Cup..who will win it?

Quote Originally Posted by GlennMiller View Post
    Women's football needs to be seen as a totally different sport to the game played by men. Comparisons are pointless.

If you accept that it is a sport in its own right, it can be seen as entertaining and the achievement of the Lionesses is something to be enjoyed and celebrated.
    Spot on Glenn. Totally agree.

It’s quality entertainment & no shortage of skill. Excellent stuff.

Women's football needs to be seen as a totally different sport to the game played by men. Comparisons are pointless.

If you accept that it is a sport in its own right, it can be seen as entertaining and the achievement of the Lionesses is something to be enjoyed and celebrated.
    Absolutely .

Sense at last…

I enjoy the England woman's game. Just like I enjoy us when we are playing in league 1. Nobody likes loosing. Everyone likes a winner except Michael

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Who'd pay match day prices now at the NYS to watch women's football?
    No one would but, anyone with an ounce of common sense wouldn’t expect to be charged the “male” rate in the first place, bit of a silly post really.

Also let me throw this one in. IF the Rotherham Ladies team were in the Ladies FA Cup semi final played over two legs, would you go and watch them at the NYS? Furthermore, if they made it to the final, would you go and watch and support them if played at a neutral ground and not Wembley?

Absolutely, but if the Lionesses win in the final you just know the media will say things like " the women have brought football home which is something the men haven't been able to do since 1966."

Baffled why some men seem to see women's football as a threat.
    When anyone starts a thread on betting or fishing or golf, nobody goes on it saying it's a load of rubbish and they don't like it.
    Well done lasses.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Absolutely, but if the Lionesses win in the final you just know the media will say things like " the women have brought football home which is something the men haven't been able to do since 1966."
    Maybe. But as with everything else in life women have been waiting for 57 years for a man to do something and in the end just go sod you I'll go and get it myself!

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    Baffled why some men seem to see women's football as a threat.
    When anyone starts a thread on betting or fishing or golf, nobody goes on it saying it's a load of rubbish and they don't like it.
    Well done lasses.
    I don't think people see women's football as a threat at all and personally I'm pleased to see the Lionesses doing so well.
    What I find irritating is the media's obsession with comparing it to the men's game because that is absolutely irrelevant. Let the women's game progress and continue to develop but just accept that it is a totally separate competition.
    Surely we're not getting to the stage where anyone thinks a women's team would win the men's World Cup.......or are we?

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast