+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023-2024 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by the baldy snake View Post
    A year ago we beat AZ, now boys are predicting we might get relegated from the championship

We have looked a bit more resilient and together of late albeit against limited opposition but lets be brutally honest . . . we are going to be playing limited opposition week in week out in this division. We look a bit stronger as a unit, the keeper looks like he has actually seen a baw before, as others have said if we can keep Moult fit and get Fotheringham and Cudjoe firing then we should skoosh this. We have to be looking at beating whoever is in front of us every single week, yes there are tricky games but there are no write off games like Ibrox, Parkhead etc Look at last season, if teams like Cove can win at Gayfield and Hamilton can win twice up in Inverness then we need to be a bit more positive about this -

6th
    Yes, a year ago we did beat AZ 1-0, but we then proceeded to take a 7-0 drubbing from them, and 9 from Ceptic and were ultimately relegated. Until a couple of weeks ago, because of where i believed our squad was due to the actions that led there, i understood why people did consider another relegation as a possibility. I did however think that mid table mediocrity was a more likely outcome with 4th being my target.

With a user name of the person who guided us to our last relegation, i would hope that the memories of what went on in the last 4 year banter break would be to the fore, and being brutally honest, its being no opposition that got us here, and we have yet to prove if we are capable of being anything other than limited opposition to Partick at least.

While that may paint a bleak picture of where my thoughts are for this season, and some of whats next may seem negative, i have raised my expectation that we can attain top 4 and not 4th being our best outcome. That however is based on Moult and other signings keeping fit, keeping Sibbald, Watt getting fit and either fecking off or becoming a goal machine, The Clown and Mulgrew departing and allowing a couple more credible signings, and failing that last part, one or more of the young talents taking their chance and ripping this league up!

Its over to JG and his squad now. C'mon United!

Win /Championship- DUFC
    Play-off finalist- Raith
    Uniteds position- 1st

Relegated/ Premier- St Johnstone
    Play-off finalist - Ross County

Championship is really difficult to predict top to bottom, very competitive division, stronger than last year with the additions of ourselves, Dunfy and Airdrie but at same time while full of solid teams who are organised well the standard isn't great, an average fun side won it with less than 50% win rate, if we get it right we should have enough to win it, that's if JG is good enough and if we don't start losing guys like Sibbald before the end of August

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Win /Championship- DUFC
    Play-off finalist- Raith
    Uniteds position- 1st

Relegated/ Premier- St Johnstone
    Play-off finalist - Ross County

Championship is really difficult to predict top to bottom, very competitive division, stronger than last year with the additions of ourselves, Dunfy and Airdrie but at same time while full of solid teams who are organised well the standard isn't great, an average fun side won it with less than 50% win rate, if we get it right we should have enough to win it, that's if JG is good enough and if we don't start losing guys like Sibbald before the end of August
    Tend to agree but would add the most important thing is to keep Moult fit.

Win /Championship- DUFC
    Play-off finalist- Raith
    Uniteds position- 1st

Relegated/ Premier- St J’s
    Play-off finalist - Dundee

Shifting sands. Since this thread started (during meltdown period) we have won 3 games on the trot and signed a decent CD. Looking at how we are now going in to the opening league match I believe we will win the league. I have a feeling Inverness will be our main challenge. St Johnstone looks certs to go down but so did Motherwell at one point last season. I expect it to be between Ross County, St Johnstone and Dundee leaning towards St Johnstone to finish bottom and Dundee play off.

Every year regardless of the league we are in a few days before it starts I'm convinced we will absolutely piss it.

Every year reality is a cruel mistress.

Think we look better since the Spartan game with steady progression being key.

I think we should be looking at nothing but a win on Friday. I would definitely take a 1-0 at this stage.

My main concern is still the final 3rd. If we keep moult fit these concerns disappear, but I would feeI a but happier if we brought in another striker. McLeod has shown nothing to say he is the answer and I haven’t seen enough of Thomson yet.

That said I do feel a bit more positive about the coming campaign. 🖤🧡

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Think we look better since the Spartan game with steady progression being key.

I think we should be looking at nothing but a win on Friday. I would definitely take a 1-0 at this stage.

My main concern is still the final 3rd. If we keep moult fit these concerns disappear, but I would feeI a but happier if we brought in another striker. McLeod has shown nothing to say he is the answer and I haven’t seen enough of Thomson yet.

That said I do feel a bit more positive about the coming campaign. 🖤🧡
    We have another striker in Watt. If, and a big if at that he can get in shape then he should piss this league. Can never get my head round someone that does daily physical training, has a dietician on hand, free access to a gym and people monitoring his health being out of shape. Middleton looks like he has a gut on him ffs. WTF are they doing in their free time??

Eating?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Eating?
    And then some

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)