+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wimmin's World Cup

Wimmin's World Cup

If the Test Match and the Open Golf are disrupted by the forecast heavy rain the England lasses start their World Cup campaign this morning--

England-v-Haiti 10-30 am KO ITV1

Ingerland, Ingerland, Ingerland. Watch out for the Haiti goalkeeper.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    If the Test Match and the Open Golf are disrupted by the forecast heavy rain the England lasses start their World Cup campaign this morning--

England-v-Haiti 10-30 am KO ITV1

Ingerland, Ingerland, Ingerland. Watch out for the Haiti goalkeeper.
    Due to the bad weather and therefore the lack of things to do I may have to resort to talking to the Mrs on a Saturday SB...

Quote Originally Posted by Barnsley Chop View Post
    Due to the bad weather and therefore the lack of things to do I may have to resort to talking to the Mrs on a Saturday SB...
    Good 'un Chops

dunno whos match was better englands fantastic brilliant performance a 1-0 win against hati or my nieces 2-0 friendly defeat in the under 11s juniors match.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    dunno whos match was better englands fantastic brilliant performance a 1-0 win against hati or my nieces 2-0 friendly defeat in the under 11s juniors match.
    Different ball game now for The Lionesses and one they've courted for years .

The extra media attention and hype they seek also works another way , a way they may not be used to .

A larger audience and hype leads to extra pressure placed on them , even more so given they are one of the favourites for the world cup .

Gone are the days when this tournament took place and attracted a paragraph or two in the media with no actual tv coverage to call owt .

Many of the Lionesses are now household names and that comes with different things attached to it and not always good either .

Let's just say it was a slow start and the lionesses need to improve if they are going to lift the world cup .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Different ball game now for The Lionesses and one they've courted for years .

The extra media attention and hype they seek also works another way , a way they may not be used to .

A larger audience and hype leads to extra pressure placed on them , even more so given they are one of the favourites for the world cup .

Gone are the days when this tournament took place and attracted a paragraph or two in the media with no actual tv coverage to call owt .

Many of the Lionesses are now household names and that comes with different things attached to it and not always good either .

Let's just say it was a slow start and the lionesses need to improve if they are going to lift the world cup .
    watched 3 games now lets say not impressed with what im watching.

Over publicised sub standard crap imo. It's hyping up sport that isn't up to scratch purely for political reasons.

I enjoy women's sport like boxing, darts, athletics, gymnastics, Curling , ice skating or when women compete in horse racing but these sports aren't over hyped like women's football and cricket. It's constantly rammed down our throats and it's not of a great standard. I wouldn't pay to watch it if I had a choice but unfortunately I do pay for it via my Skysports subscription.

Alessia Russo is a bonny looking lass.

Said on Radio 5 this morning that she relaxed yesterday before the Nigeria game having her eyelashes and fingernails done and had a body massage.

Lookin forrad to the game--8-30am kick off..

The wimmin were one lucky bunch of players to get through against Nigeria.

Alessia still looked lovely though.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 07-08-2023 at 01:13 PM.

Made hard work of that and lucky to get through but you need luck to win a World Cup .

Watched the penalties on my phone at wurk , apart from the first one the lasses took em well .

The less said about the James lass the better .

You aren't getting away with that young lady .

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast