+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Campy Nou - Latest update

Campy Nou - Latest update

I enclose details of an article on the Dundee Football Club website dated 21st July 2023 which states that Dundee Football Club are sending out a questionnaire to Dundee FC season ticket holders chosen at random asking them how they currently travel to home games at Dens Park. https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/dundee-f...travel-survey/
    In my opinion this questionnaire should have been sent out 5 years ago.
    The Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited directors should be explaining why the Isle of Man based financial company Soho Green currently hold two Standard Securities over the new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds which have been in force since 7th December 2022. https://find-and-update.company-info...507045/charges

Seems like a valuable bit of research. Don't know what the value of making it a random selection is. You would think that car owners might share their cars with fellow supporters and public transport should be fairly easy to estimate because of the fixed nature of the bus routes
    Agree it could have been done much earlier but surely this can only be a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Seems like a valuable bit of research. Don't know what the value of making it a random selection is. You would think that car owners might share their cars with fellow supporters and public transport should be fairly easy to estimate because of the fixed nature of the bus routes
    Agree it could have been done much earlier but surely this can only be a good thing
    At present few people walk to Dens Park with most Dundee supporters taking their car. That is obvious by the number of cars parked in the streets within walking distance of Dens Park. At present there is no public bus service into the retail park where the ice rink and cinema is situated.
    A lot of Dundee supporters and season ticket holders live outwith Dundee and they are more likely to travel to home games by car than using public transport.
    There is an added problem which came to light at the latest pre application meeting last September.
    The number of spaces for car and buses has been greatly reduced from the original 1,362 spaces for cars and 80 spaces for supporters buses.
    This will result in spectators having to park their cars in the housing schemes on the other side of the Kingsway. There are currently only two underpasses between the Camperdown roundabout and the Myrekirk roundabout. One at the top of Buttars Road which was installed to allow people to walk to and from the cinema and a separate one close to the Myrekirk roundabout to allow people working in the Kingsway Industrial Estate to walk to and from the former 28 bus stop terminus.
    This underpass was used by NCR workers in the Gourdie factory which is now where ASDA, Aldi and Home Bargains are situated.
    I thought that you would have been more concerned about the two Standard Securities held over the whole of the 29.7 acres Campy Nou site by an Isle of Man based financial company.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 25-07-2023 at 11:21 AM.

I don't know why you fret about it? That stadium will never get built as long as my arsehole points doonwards.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    At present few people walk to Dens Park with most Dundee supporters taking their car. That is obvious by the number of cars parked in the streets within walking distance of Dens Park. At present there is no public bus service into the retail park where the ice rink and cinema is situated.
    A lot of Dundee supporters and season ticket holders live outwith Dundee and they are more likely to travel to home games by car than using public transport.
    There is an added problem which came to light at the latest pre application meeting last September.
    The number of spaces for car and buses has been greatly reduced from the original 1,362 spaces for cars and 80 spaces for supporters buses.
    This will result in spectators having to park their cars in the housing schemes on the other side of the Kingsway. There are currently only two underpasses between the Camperdown roundabout and the Myrekirk roundabout. One at the top of Buttars Road which was installed to allow people to walk to and from the cinema and a separate one close to the Myrekirk roundabout to allow people working in the Kingsway Industrial Estate to walk to and from the former 28 bus stop terminus.
    This underpass was used by NCR workers in the Gourdie factory which is now where ASDA, Aldi and Home Bargains are situated.
    I thought that you would have been more concerned about the two Standard Securities held over the whole of the 29.7 acres Campy Nou site by an Isle of Man based financial company.
    The financial arrangements are a concern but the information about how fans travel to matches might be much more useful. Car ownership and use is under attack and there are significant implications for all types of businesses. Selling anything that 8nvolves the physical presence of the consumer covers cinemas, takeaway restaurants, ice rinks, football grounds and bricks and mortar retailers. City centres are being turned into hostile environments for all these types of businesses as a matter of SNP/Green policy.
    Maybe if both Dundee and their neighbours did some analysis that showed how supporters attended their games there might be a voice that could speak out against Scottish government policy.

Quote Originally Posted by The AuldYin View Post
    I don't know why you fret about it? That stadium will never get built as long as my arsehole points doonwards.
    absolutely fcckin spot on

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    The value in making it random is that they can pick and choose who receives one and, because they've said up front that it's random, anyone that asks why they didn't get one can just be told the selection was random. I can 100% guarantee that I won't get one and that RRoS won't get one. We are known to the club as supporters who have sussed them out.

Who goes to the match on a bike 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Who goes to the match on a bike 😂😂😂
    Nobody and certainly not cycling down the Kingsway.
    In my opinion this latest survey is another attempt to drag things out to avoid submitting their planning application.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Nobody and certainly not cycling down the Kingsway.
    In my opinion this latest survey is another attempt to drag things out to avoid submitting their planning application.
    No, it's the first step toward announcing they've reconsidered and are staying at Dens. Easy way out from the decade of lies about the phantom new stadium.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)