+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dfcss/the open letter door kicker in's, here's one for you

dfcss/the open letter door kicker in's, here's one for you

new season started
    have you any update upon your update on your plan as to where you expected to be by the start of the season?

me thinks the next agm will be tasty,the open letter group kicked the dfcss front doors in took control and as of yet outwith hot water bottles delivered very very very little,infact i dont think you have even convinced more than 2% or so of the open letter group to even pay the annual fee to join dfcss.

you have all been so quiet given there was a clear message from the floor as to what the members expected,infact i think it appears that you went to the same university as Nelms to study how to correspond with the public.

In other words - time to put up or ship out folks

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    new season started
    have you any update upon your update on your plan as to where you expected to be by the start of the season?

me thinks the next agm will be tasty,the open letter group kicked the dfcss front doors in took control and as of yet outwith hot water bottles delivered very very very little,infact i dont think you have even convinced more than 2% or so of the open letter group to even pay the annual fee to join dfcss.

you have all been so quiet given there was a clear message from the floor as to what the members expected,infact i think it appears that you went to the same university as Nelms to study how to correspond with the public.
    Now I'm no longer a member but I'd love to know what happened between conclusion of AGM and approximately a month later.

Why was there such a u turn?

It's never really been explained apart from good to talk line.

I do not believe anyone who left the clubby that day thought that was the route D4L were taking.

Can't turn the clock back now but I'm fascinated as to why.

I hope somebody asks the question at next AGM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    new season started

That is why I resigned on 20th January 2023 as a Dee4life director. I did not agree with the views of the majority of the Dee4life directors to withhold information from the Dee4life members regarding what had happened since the AGM on Saturday 19th November 2022.
    I have also apologised to two Dundee supporters who I personally persuaded to join Dee4life shortly after the AGM last November.
    The latest newsletter which we received at the end of last month tells the Dee4life members nothing new as it basically a rehash of what we were told at the AGM last November.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Now I'm no longer a member but I'd love to know what happened between conclusion of AGM and approximately a month later.

Why was there such a u turn?

It's never really been explained apart from good to talk line.

I do not believe anyone who left the clubby that day thought that was the route D4L were taking.

Can't turn the clock back now but I'm fascinated as to why.

I hope somebody asks the question at next AGM.
    The members of the Open Letter Group who became external directors of Dee4life and full directors at last November’s AGM should be answering your question.
    I am intending to be at the next Dee4life AGM which according to their rules should take place by the end of November 2023 and will be asking the current board of directors why they have not told their members:
    1.Who they nominated as their Primary representative on the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors
    2. When they sent their nomination.
    3. When they received their reply and what was the answer.

I enclose the Dee4life letter which was emailed to all their members plus it is freely available to be read in the News section of the ‘new’ Dee4life website. https://dee4life.com/2023/06/29/monthly-update-june/
    Almost four weeks later we have not received any more news regarding their attempts to get their Primary and Secondary representatives elected onto the Dundee Football Club Limited board of directors under rules 79-82 of the Club’s Articles of Association which FPS agreed to when they acquired a majority shareholding on 13th August 2013.

Surely the logic of the answers that Islay asks is that whoever they put forward was not accepted by the majority shareholder? Would the Dee4life membership want to spend money on trying to have the these issues settled in court? I think not but I may be wrong.
    The real damage is the failure to deliver any communications that show talking quietly is working. I support this principle and believe whatever happens it will be helpful to have an organisation like Dee4life.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    That is why I resigned on 20th January 2023 as a Dee4life director. I did not agree with the views of the majority of the Dee4life directors to withhold information from the Dee4life members regarding what had happened since the AGM on Saturday 19th November 2022.
    I have also apologised to two Dundee supporters who I personally persuaded to join Dee4life shortly after the AGM last November.
    The latest newsletter which we received at the end of last month tells the Dee4life members nothing new as it basically a rehash of what we were told at the AGM last November.
    You previously said you resigned because the DFCSS board members created a WhatsApp group to communicate with each other and you don't use WhatsApp so were not being kept up to date with day to day goings on.

Can you please make up your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Surely the logic of the answers that Islay asks is that whoever they put forward was not accepted by the majority shareholder? Would the Dee4life membership want to spend money on trying to have the these issues settled in court? I think not but I may be wrong.
    The real damage is the failure to deliver any communications that show talking quietly is working. I support this principle and believe whatever happens it will be helpful to have an organisation like Dee4life.
    Disagree bcram, they are not representing their members views and in all honesty that should be a resigning matter

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    You previously said you resigned because the DFCSS board members created a WhatsApp group to communicate with each other and you don't use WhatsApp so were not being kept up to date with day to day goings on.

Can you please make up your mind?
    That was the other reason but not the main reason. I did not agree with the Dee4life members not being told what had been happening since the AGM last November.
    Now we do not have a clue what is being discussed at the Dee4life board of directors meetings as the minutes have not been posted in the Members section of the Dee4life website since the meeting held on Monday 16th January 2023.
    We know that another new director has been appointed who is now the Chairman of Dee4life.
    Dee4life also has a Director of Communications but the members do not receive any meaningful communication from the Dee4life board of directors.
    The minutes of Dee4life Directors meetings held on 14th November 2022 and 13th December 2022 have also not been posted on the Dee4life website.
    The archive board of directors meetings have not been transferred from the old website to the new website despite several Dee4life Directors asking at meetings up to and including the meeting on 16th January 2023 that they are done as soon as possible.
    I can only assume that certain Dee4life Directors think that by hiding these archive minutes they are ignoring Dee4Life’s past history to try to get them in John Nelms’s good books.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)