+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley

Barnsley

Think this is a cracking last friendly before the 'real stuff' gets going.

Barnsley were really unlucky (imho) in the Div1 play-off final against Wednesday. They played some good stuff last season.

Doesn't really matter what the score is - so long as we score more goals than we concede.

Just hope we don't pick up any injuries!!

Just hope we don't have too many injuries before the game!
    Surely LB will start the game with the strongest line-up available. Not sure what that team is. Any suggestions?

See Long is out for 2 to 4 weeks. How much money have we wasted on this guy?

Long is actually one of the few players we have got who can make things happen. He is creative and when fit makes our team so much better. He also inspires players around him.

2 - 4 weeks probably just means first 2 League games after Barnsley, I thought this was GOOD news!

Is that 2-4 weeks from the injury, or the announcement or of the season? If since the injury, he might be fit for the opener.
    However, last season he was 'close to a return' on a few occasions only to break down in training.
    Does he have some structural weakness in his ankles? Can't they detect that with all the scans he's had? Just curious about what makes a player more injury prone than another.

Once you have a serious ankle injury it leaves you susceptible to turning it repeatedly. You can run all day on the track or road, but on a grass surface it is spongy and puts extra strain on the ankle weakness.

I know this through first hand experience. When I was 16 a lad I knew deliberately stamped on my ankle while I was on the ground. Did not break it but I struggled to walk for 2 months. I never played again. Even to this day on occasions when I mow the lawn my ankle goes again and I struggle to walk for at least a week.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Just hope we don't have too many injuries before the game!
    Surely LB will start the game with the strongest line-up available. Not sure what that team is. Any suggestions?
    Davies
    Adebesi, Cooney, O’Rioden Demetriou.
    Powell, Tabiner and Offord in Thomas role or Colkett
    Tracey, CBR plus A N Other, depending on fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    Once you have a serious ankle injury it leaves you susceptible to turning it repeatedly. You can run all day on the track or road, but on a grass surface it is spongy and puts extra strain on the ankle weakness.

I know this through first hand experience. When I was 16 a lad I knew deliberately stamped on my ankle while I was on the ground. Did not break it but I struggled to walk for 2 months. I never played again. Even to this day on occasions when I mow the lawn my ankle goes again and I struggle to walk for at least a week.
    Sorry about your injury. Hope the guy who stamped on your ankle has had some kind of karma happen to him.
    The question is though, did you have any kind of restorative treatment on your ankle? Modern footballers have all kinds of treatments that ordinary citizens would not have. Most of us (and our GPs) are content to carry on life with a body that functions basically without pain. Modern athletes want more and receive more.

It took me 6 months to find him. No treatment especially not at GPs. The junior team I was with just dumped me. That was the way in those days.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast