+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dutv

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    £17 a month for overseas subscribers to watch matches live. It's the live broadcasting that's not up to the job.
    I'm assuming your £7 is post match in the UK?
    Yeah post match.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Yeah post match.
    Would agree that's decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    £17 a month for overseas subscribers to watch matches live. It's the live broadcasting that's not up to the job.
    I'm assuming your £7 is post match in the UK?
    Yeah, it's the live streaming I'm going on about here not the catch up stuff. 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yeah, it's the live streaming I'm going on about here not the catch up stuff. 🙂
    That's where the problem is Terry. They'll no doubt claim it's due to substandard facilities at Championship grounds but the problem was evident during many games in the Premiership with buffering, loss of feed etc.
    Couldn't watch the Partick match but I'm hearing there was no pictures. The Dunfermline match was a joke, they used the DAFC tv feed. And lots of other matches with buffering and picture loss.
    It's very unprofessional.

The £6.99 also includes the live audio stream, which keeps switching off regularly and showing the holding screen error page. Very frustrating. Usually blamed on opponents WiFi etc.

Surely we should be using our own cellular collections? So, creating our own WiFi connection and not relying on others?

I go to the speedway in Glasgow and watch their races online. There is way less money in their sport, the stadiums are hardly a technical hub but they can stream fast paced sport in HD with no issues. The fact that ours is so unreliable, means that more and more people are likely to switch off from it. It really needs investment and an overhaul! I wonder what the estimated costs would be to run a decent service.

Someone is getting money from this. Maybe not making a profit , I've no idea. But............ The fact,a lot of good Arabs are paying in regularly for a really poor product is not acceptable.

I'm wondering if the Foundations interest, might be to help upgrade, as opposed to skelpin' erses???

Hope so. We have paid a lot of money for a lot of good things. This might be worth a decent donation.

Maybe, the guys involved are just as annoyed as we are (hopefully)

PS: are they doing it for free? Or just a half-time peh???

Hope the club can sort this out

Not right for a fan to tune in after a hard week and find the stream doesn’t work

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Someone is getting money from this. Maybe not making a profit , I've no idea. But............ The fact,a lot of good Arabs are paying in regularly for a really poor product is not acceptable.

I'm wondering if the Foundations interest, might be to help upgrade, as opposed to skelpin' erses???

Hope so. We have paid a lot of money for a lot of good things. This might be worth a decent donation.

Maybe, the guys involved are just as annoyed as we are (hopefully)

PS: are they doing it for free? Or just a half-time peh???
    Seem to remember people donating money for better equipment a good few years ago yet here we are again discussing something that’s been going on since around 2005? There was some Dunfermline guy that started doing his own online streaming site around 2005 that included PPV (5 quid a game) and it was trouble free. I first used United’s service for a 2-2 derby game in 2005–buffering, loss of audio etc etc. Still the same things 18 years later ffs.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)