+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kieran McKenna what an amazing feat

Kieran McKenna what an amazing feat

He took over Ipswich two and half seasons ago as they sat in 12th place in League 1. That first season he finished in 11th place. The following season he takes them up to the Championship.

This season he has spent approximately only £4 Million on players and now with his back to back promotion today, he's put Ipswich Town back in the Premiership. An amazing feat to say he's been in Management two and a half seasons!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...s/cle0wxy466xo
    Last edited by Brin; 04-05-2024 at 06:08 PM.

It is a great achievement and good luck to them next season. The fact that they struggled to beat us though doesn't bode too well for them when they start mixing with 'the big boys' but maybe they will be able to emulate Brentford and Bournemouth and stick around up there for a few years, unlike Sheff Utd, Luton and Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    It is a great achievement and good luck to them next season. The fact that they struggled to beat us though doesn't bode too well for them when they start mixing with 'the big boys' but maybe they will be able to emulate Brentford and Bournemouth and stick around up there for a few years, unlike Sheff Utd, Luton and Burnley.
    Well their Chairman will have £150 Million at his disposal for recruitment and knowing McKenna's contacts within the Premier circle, he may well hold his own next season.

Freddie Ladapo is now a prem player and his salary will probably be increased accordingly
    Well done to him

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Freddie Ladapo is now a prem player and his salary will probably be increased accordingly
    Well done to him
    Thought he'd been moved on to Charlton, or was that just a season loan? I recall Ladapo going to Charlton and Kiefer Moore, great signing by McKenna, coming in to Ipswich.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thought he'd been moved on to Charlton, or was that just a season loan? I recall Ladapo going to Charlton and Kiefer Moore, great signing by McKenna, coming in to Ipswich.
    Ladapo is on loan at Charlton.
    I'll be amazed if he's not released or made available for transfer now Ipswich have gone up.

Hell be released and probably stay at Charlton.

He thought he was the next big thing. LEAGUE ONE is his level.

They can’t just release him if he’s under contract and entitled to a significant uplift in wages
    If I were him I’d be sitting tight in the stands watching prem football on £12, £15, £20k a week
    Alternatively they can give him a huge pay off

They can’t just release him if he’s under contract and entitled to a significant uplift in wages
    If I were him I’d be sitting tight in the stands watching prem football on £12, £15, £20k a week
    Indeed! Milk it Freddie while you can.

Yes Flour....Ladapo has another year left,I ve just checked. Happy Days for Freddie!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast