+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Port Vale

Something our supporters should take note of.
    I don’t know how much the Port Vale lineup cost - but take away the cost of buying Kane - and there probably isn’t that much difference in the costs of those two lineups.

There’s probably a bit - but I would guess there isn’t £millions and £millions that separate the two teams.

It’s not as though Port Vale were playing someone like say Sheffield United where some players on the field cost anything between £15 million to £25 million.

Nope - that wasn’t the case - Forest Green, Pontefract Collieries and an obscure club in Ireland is where the Barnsley team came from.

Amazed, hung over, happy and excited
    . Not many opening days were like this.

It's very rare an opening day match is won or lost 7-0.

A time to enjoy the result.

We will finish the season on 138 pts with a Goal Difference of +322 and Cole scoring 138 goals as leading goal scorer.

Credit that we took advantage of something rarely seen in an opening game--a team that gives up the game and maybe the season after going 3-0 down. Vale have real problems in that defence and we took advantage of the lack of challenge and the wide open spaces.

I remain of the view stated Friday that the league needs ten games to settle and for judgement of prospects to be made. Clearly it is better to open with a 7-0 win but -, if Bristol Rovers beat us on Saturday, they go above us.

(Note to Nudge--just enjoy the win like the rest of us and don't see a result as an opportunity to points score over fellow Barnsley fans. The playground stuff on BBS with The Pack dancing round other fans going "Na, na,na nar nar" is hilarious. Leave them to it )

In Collins We Trust.

Yes SB - In Collins we trust.
    But you forgot to mention……
    …. In Barnsley FC Data Services we trust.

Na, na, na nar nar !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes SB - In Collins we trust.
    But you forgot to mention……
    …. In Barnsley FC Data Services we trust.

Na, na, na nar nar !!!
    It's taken as a given that you proclaim James as "a Genius", the Messiah of the Spreadsheet World.

He began his work here when we were in the Championship. We are now a Third Division club.

I demand a refund from BFC Data Services.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 06-08-2023 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Something our supporters should take note of.
    I don’t know how much the Port Vale lineup cost - but take away the cost of buying Kane - and there probably isn’t that much difference in the costs of those two lineups.

There’s probably a bit - but I would guess there isn’t £millions and £millions that separate the two teams.

It’s not as though Port Vale were playing someone like say Sheffield United where some players on the field cost anything between £15 million to £25 million.

Nope - that wasn’t the case - Forest Green, Pontefract Collieries and an obscure club in Ireland is where the Barnsley team came from.
    Good or excellent football careers are generally measured over a period of time and in all game situations rather than lads coming off the bench five or six nil up against a team that's deflated , tired and can't wait for the final whistle to blow .

We will see over the coming months just how good some of these lads are at Fratton Park , Sincil Bank , Bolton , Derby and London Road .

Did you have a premature ejaculation problem as a younger man YN ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Did you have a premature ejaculation problem as a younger man YN ?

A spluttering the tea out of the mouth moment.

Unbelievable.
    We win 7-0.
    Seven - Nil !!!
    And we still have posters on here proclaiming that we weren't good - it must have been the opposition that were that bad.
    Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It's taken as a given that you proclaim James as "a Genius", the Messiah of the Spreadsheet World.

He began his work here when we were in the Championship. We are now a Third Division club.

I demand a refund from BFC Data Services.
    I don’t know why anyone should continue to support and defend Paul Conway.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 06-08-2023 at 09:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Summary of today is.,.. just not what we expected
    Not at all…..
    to be fair to all involved…
    You just can’t pick the bones out of it……
    Extraordinary.

Move on……. Because that won’t happen again……… everything they touched came off, …..

There’s a few put themselves in the sale room today…

And at half time, I was embarrassed to be 2 up
    Absolutely NAILED it Jules.
    Just pleased we won early days and on to the next one.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast