+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which idiot sanctioned £40k a week for Adam Reach!?😤😤

Which idiot sanctioned £40k a week for Adam Reach!?😤😤

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I honestly would not pay that useless idiot 4 grand a week! Then those t ossers give O'Shea away under value and now a great keeper for peanuts!

The loonies are definitely running our club! Some will shine their mobiles still! You couldn't make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    You couldn't make it up!
    You could though Al'. Take the bloke who wrote the linked article for instance. I don't think even the lunatics who were running our asylum when Reach signed would have sanctioned £40Kpw for someone who was coming in as a squad filler.

Isn’t this the problem with wage differences? I would rather see every player get the same wage with performance related add ons. You could get a bonus for your rating and there could be a team bonus as well. You would find in this case that Reach would be one of the lowest paid unless his ratings improved. A tiered system. First team level, squad player and go from there. A basic wage of say £15,000 which only increases on performance. Incentive to actually bust a gut.
    Last edited by boingy; 30-07-2023 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    You could though Al'. Take the bloke who wrote the linked article for instance. I don't think even the lunatics who were running our asylum when Reach signed would have sanctioned £40Kpw for someone who was coming in as a squad filler.

Lets just hope then 68 we are paying his worth then - £400 per week and the fastest taxi possible when his contract expires!

PS - one thing for sure - I bet he's on more than O'Shea was and certainly Palmer!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Isn’t this the problem with wage differences? I would rather see every player get the same wage with performance related add ons. You could get a bonus for your rating and there could be a team bonus as well. You would find in this case that Reach would be one of the lowest paid unless his ratings improved. A tiered system. First team level, squad player and go from there. A basic wage of say £15,000 which only increases on performance. Incentive to actually bust a gut.

Also paid by games fit! For sure Phillips and Bartley will be in the treatment room again soon and when Dike comes back at Christmas it would be joyous to get a month out of him!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Also paid by games fit! For sure Phillips and Bartley will be in the treatment room again soon and when Dike comes back at Christmas it would be joyous to get a month out of him!
    Yes, in that event have sick pay. A lower amount to tide you over.

I clearly remember all the talk when Trevor Francis (RIP) became the first million pound player. Not saying that footballers should not have been paid a lot more than they were in the 60s/70s for example but money and greed is now ruining the game. The turning point was probably Sky coming in. Business acumen is now equally as important as sporting acumen (if not more so) but impossible to disagree with Mick as regards the many dire financial deals that have been agreed with under performing players. Lai has been pretty catastrophic for the club -but it ain't all him.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    I clearly remember all the talk when Trevor Francis (RIP) became the first million pound player. Not saying that footballers should not have been paid a lot more than they were in the 60s/70s for example but money and greed is now ruining the game. The turning point was probably Sky coming in. Business acumen is now equally as important as sporting acumen (if not more so) but impossible to disagree with Mick as regards the many dire financial deals that have been agreed with under performing players. Lai has been pretty catastrophic for the club -but it ain't all him.
    It’s beyond belief that we’d sell Palmer to a Premier League club for £3m Omeg , especially considering his contract position.

Dismal levels of business acumen and negotiating skills within our club.

If they were being paid a % of the selling profit as bonuses I wonder if they’d sharpen up?

Reach has one more year left on his contract - so can’t see anyone stopping in for him. Must have been one of Val’s mega signings like Mowatt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)