+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: our new goalie

our new goalie

I have heard that some of our supporters are not convinced about our new loan signing. I do believe we should have a bit of patience and give him a chance.

Yes he has leaked a couple of goals from long distance, but possibly this is the first time in his short career where he has come across midfielders who do not close down or challenge.

When the heck are our manager and coaches going to come to their sense. No professional club have tactics like ours. So negative. Yet again do we have to endure a boring season?

In terms of the goalie, I think we were spoilt last season. He's no Arthur or Beadle but he's also nowhere near a Trigger or Jaskelainen. So far he's done little that is spectacular but is reasonably steady. One of his positives is he doesn't hesitate to come off his line and seems fairly confident coming for crosses. That point in itself has quite an effect in that the defence have less to worry about. He's also reasonably competent with his feet.
    All in all he's nothing special just competent and unflashy. Possibly just what is needed from a goalkeeper to keep things calm at the back.

He was also definitely fouled for Newports first goal on Tuesday.
    Makes up for Cooneys' pull in the area I think.

Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Agreed!
    And a good first half save tipping one over the bar.

.... and played a big part in the cup win at Sunderland