+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lionesses

Lionesses

I know China are hardly the greatest team in the competition but well done to the England ladies who comprehensively beat them 6-1. I know defensive mistakes and poor quality by China were at the root of much of this but still some nice skills shown by England. Lauren James's goal was particularly good-let's just see if our new signing can produce such goods!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    I know China are hardly the greatest team in the competition but well done to the England ladies who comprehensively beat them 6-1. I know defensive mistakes and poor quality by China were at the root of much of this but still some nice skills shown by England. Lauren James's goal was particularly good-let's just see if our new signing can produce such goods!
    We allowed staff to watch the game if they were not otherwise engaged. Funny how many watched. Some had to keep the ship afloat, so I saw some of it and from what I saw it appeared a good performance. The goals were excellently taken.

Well done England.
    Last edited by On Balance; 01-08-2023 at 06:42 PM.

Well done the girls! Some decent football regardless what anyone may think

Some great finishes amongst those goals …. Women’s Football is growing on me … quite entertaining

Yes well done 👍

Hope they do well obviously but I am afraid the overall standard IMO is still downright awful. England are light years ahead of China but are still pretty average. They scored two or three well taken goals but Jeeez that Chinese goalkeeper was probably the worst yet. Embarrassing. I hate the way the commentators try to make like we are witnessing something brilliant. Even a basic pass gets drooled over.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy_Division View Post
    Hope they do well obviously but I am afraid the overall standard IMO is still downright awful. England are light years ahead of China but are still pretty average. They scored two or three well taken goals but Jeeez that Chinese goalkeeper was probably the worst yet. Embarrassing. I hate the way the commentators try to make like we are witnessing something brilliant. Even a basic pass gets drooled over.

To be honest - I would rather watch these girls than some of the absolute tripe we have served up at times! That goal James scored yesterday was pure class - have I ever seen our 18 million striker Karlan Grant score such a goal? Never!

Credit where it’s due. I would support the girls even if it was Hockey or Netball because any achievement is good for girls sport.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    To be honest - I would rather watch these girls than some of the absolute tripe we have served up at times! That goal James scored yesterday was pure class - have I ever seen our 18 million striker Karlan Grant score such a goal? Never!

Credit where it’s due. I would support the girls even if it was Hockey or Netball because any achievement is good for girls sport.
    Similar to what was being said at the work place. Standard wise, you can only compete with what is in front of you and the Lionesses have, so far, done that in abundance.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)