+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mansfield

Mansfield

Is it too early to start this off...?
    I can't wait, this week seems to be going sooooo slowly.
    Anyway, teamwise not much different from the Barnsley game:
    Davies; Rio, O'Riordan, Demetriou, Williams; Powell, Tabiner, Lunt; Tracey, CBR, Holicek.
    Result. 1-2. Repeat of last season.
    Could do with a win before some difficult away games.
    Just as an afterthought: the 'new' Bury kicked off at Gigg Lane in Tier 9 in front of 5,451. Be nice to manage something near that on the opening day!

As it’s the first competitive game of the season it’s difficult (as someone who obviously knows nothing about football and apparently has a small brain) to predict.
    Factoring in the new signings and injuries, I’m going for a heart win, and a head draw.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    As it’s the first competitive game of the season it’s difficult (as someone who obviously knows nothing about football and apparently has a small brain
    Me too Jimmy!! What do I know about football? I know absolutely nothing about the Alex, first game was only in 1965, hey ho!! I have an opinion that doesnt count, so here goes....
    Difficult game for me. First match of the season against a side who will be expecting to be there or thereabouts. Mansfield aren't paying Nigel Clough the sort of money that LB can only dream of, to lose at little ol' Crewe.
    Would take a draw, but the optimist in me says a footballing lesson handed out and a 3-1 win.

3-2 win for me
    Holicek to grab a brace
    Crowd 20,000+
    New deputy assistant manager to be announced just before kick-off

We shouldn't get too concerned about Mansfield they have a bigger budget than ours but come kick off that counts for very little, yes they have some decent players but so do we so am I bothered about little old Mansfield, not really, 3-1 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobstopper View Post
    We shouldn't get too concerned about Mansfield they have a bigger budget than ours but come kick off that counts for very little, yes they have some decent players but so do we so am I bothered about little old Mansfield, not really, 3-1 win.

I think almost every team that will visit us this season will have a bigger budget than Crewe so we should be concerned, we have a few decent players but nowhere near a big enough squad to cope with the demands of a season , injuries, suspensions and loss of form etc Tomorrow will probably show us where we are as I don’t see Mansfield being involved in the promotion fight. 0-3 defeat for me tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    I think almost every team that will visit us this season will have a bigger budget than Crewe so we should be concerned, we have a few decent players but nowhere near a big enough squad to cope with the demands of a season , injuries, suspensions and loss of form etc Tomorrow will probably show us where we are as I don’t see Mansfield being involved in the promotion fight. 0-3 defeat for me tomorrow.
    A perfectly possible score line, and a perfectly predictable forecast.
    I do agree that even after 1 game, it could give a good indication as to how the season might pan out.

I see that all the bookies have Mansfield odds on for this game. I will go for a 1-1 draw.
    Is CBR out for this one?

Hoping for the best and fearing the worst but maybe that's just me. I'll be positive and go for a 1-1 draw, not made any easier with them signing on Flint yesterday, a man mountain, someone I've always admired.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    I see that all the bookies have Mansfield odds on for this game. I will go for a 1-1 draw.
    Is CBR out for this one?
    What have you heard about CBR?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast