+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mansfield

Just a thought about new directives to referees.... there is a lot more pressure on refs to issue yellow cards. Today's game at Sheff Wed had 8 yellows. Tomorrow's ref is brand new to EFL matches and has a higher than average rate of yellow cards per game.
    So Thomas (if he appears) and Williams had better watch themselves. Also Rio will have to refrain from grabbing at his player as he goes past him.
    However, Mansfield are not averse to ....housery so maybe they'll suffer more than we will. We also have quite a few players with quick feet so.....

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Just a thought about new directives to referees.... there is a lot more pressure on refs to issue yellow cards. Today's game at Sheff Wed had 8 yellows. Tomorrow's ref is brand new to EFL matches and has a higher than average rate of yellow cards per game.
    So Thomas (if he appears) and Williams had better watch themselves. Also Rio will have to refrain from grabbing at his player as he goes past him.
    However, Mansfield are not averse to ....housery so maybe they'll suffer more than we will. We also have quite a few players with quick feet so.....
    Thomas gets injured pulling his socks up, Williams gives away fouls because for all of his coaching his positional sense is atrocious and as for Rio gets caught to close to his man and turned easily all basics for which they are clearly not taught too well. Poor coaching or poor players I’ll let you decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Thomas gets injured pulling his socks up, Williams gives away fouls because for all of his coaching his positional sense is atrocious and as for Rio gets caught to close to his man and turned easily all basics for which they are clearly not taught too well. Poor coaching or poor players I’ll let you decide.
    Well as we haven’t kicked a ball in anger yet, I’ll wait a while before I decide.
    Thomas, according to the stats I googled, had 44 appearances last season, not exactly injury prone.
    Williams, I don’t see what you see. But I am little brained apparently.
    Amazed that with your insight and football nous that you were not considered for the assistant manager job

Crewe 2-1 winners with “gritty” performance.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Well as we haven’t kicked a ball in anger yet, I’ll wait a while before I decide.
    Thomas, according to the stats I googled, had 44 appearances last season, not exactly injury prone.
    Amazed that with your insight and football nous that you were not considered for the assistant manager job

Did not apply as I did not want to take a significant cut in my salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Thomas gets injured pulling his socks up, .
    Interesting observation bearing in mind that Thomas was almost ever present last season! But then why let the facts get in the way of yet another moan?

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    What have you heard about CBR?
    Nothing, just remembered that he had a niggle in the last OS injury update. Oh, and I've included him in my Fanhub prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Teammoo View Post
    Nothing, just remembered that he had a niggle in the last OS injury update. Oh, and I've included him in my Fanhub prediction.
    Me too!
    In fact my fanhub prediction is the same as the one in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Look, we need managers and assistants who know NOTHING about football and that is what the academy teaches and so they are cert appointments. I mean what does the Board know about football who can only see kids managers as the next promotion. Keep posting about little brains and maybe it will sink in eventually..

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Me too Jimmy!! What do I know about football? I know absolutely nothing about the Alex, first game was only in 1965, hey ho!! I have an opinion that doesnt count, so here goes....
    Difficult game for me. First match of the season against a side who will be expecting to be there or thereabouts. Mansfield aren't paying Nigel Clough the sort of money that LB can only dream of, to lose at little ol' Crewe.
    Would take a draw, but the optimist in me says a footballing lesson handed out and a 3-1 win.
    Well on the basis you are using that sort of timescale. I started watching the Alex in 1955 and so does that make me a better judge than you? Also I was watching the very best of the PL/ First Division back then when Crewe played away and so some may say that my experience of watching AND playing football is worth a mention.... Mind you I had free and subsidized rail travel back then...Travelling to Barrow, Darlington, Crystal Palace and Burnely and Wolves etc to watch the First Division would have been quite expensive but the ticket prices were dirt cheap back then...

1-1 draw for me..
    Last edited by MikeSB; 05-08-2023 at 12:57 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast