+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a boys game

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I’ve got the whole Peter McDougall BBC plays, and the film far they blow up a bank vault as an Orange parade provides the noise camouflage up at street level. I think I got the box set in Fopp for a fiver.

He and John Byrne are screenwriting geniuses.
    Name:  IMG_5887.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  12.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    You list your AFC chat password Buc?

A great play. Watched most of it around 30 years ago and caught it on BBC Scotland last year and watched the whole thing.

It's pretty grim stuff, but well worth a watch.
    Deedon I've seen the play twice this week mate it was that good.

Not sure what you mean about AFC chat about my password .
    It's heavy going over there.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Name:  IMG_5887.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  12.6 KB
    Can you get these plays on firestick Vintage?

Quote Originally Posted by Freescotland View Post
    Deedon I've seen the play twice this week mate it was that good.

Not sure what you mean about AFC chat about my password .
    It's heavy going over there.
    Sorry Buc. Just reread my post. All I meant was, did you lose your AFC Chat password that you were back on here?

I occasionally have a lurk on that forum, but find the majority seem not quite right in the head. You're a braver man that me for posting on it.

Watching it twice in a week is devotion. Have you only recently discovered it?

If not already done so, you really should try and see the other plays that V57 has mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Sorry Buc. Just reread my post. All I meant was, did you lose your AFC Chat password that you were back on here?

I occasionally have a lurk on that forum, but find the majority seem not quite right in the head. You're a braver man that me for posting on it.

Watching it twice in a week is devotion. Have you only recently discovered it?

If not already done so, you really should try and see the other plays that V57 has mentioned.

I logged out of the chat mental stuff mate . Thon Dundee fan Bateman goodness me he's obsessed. the way he speaks to other poster's isn't nice .
    He called one a low life , I felt sorry for the guy on the receiving end of it.

I'm done watching that play now for another 10 years.
    Would really like to see the rest of the plays although I've seen just another Saturday that was good .

Watched this last night - lots of fights with knives but only ever sticky plasters to cover up the “lacerations”. I fell asleep prior to the final third but my wife said it was quite good at portraying the hopelessness of life for many in Drumchapel in the late 1970’s.

I think you and your wife have it spot on SD.

The good parts are the one liners ��

Might be of interest to you Buc, but I watched three Plays for Today on the IPlayer on Friday, called the Billy Plays.

Based in Belfast during the troubles in the late 70s, they centre on a character called Billy (played by an 18 year old Kenneth Branagh) and his troubled family. Grim at times with some gollows humour thrown in for good measure, I found them very enjoyable.

I remember them from first time around, and watched them all again recently. Grim stuff in a grim location in dangerous times.

The play V57 has mentioned is called 'Down among the Big Boys' it's brilliant! .. on youtube .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKISIob88kI

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast