+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Action for Albion open letter for Carlos

Action for Albion open letter for Carlos

Thanks Lloyd. Very tame protests and seems to me more about self promotion and high fives!

Thanks Soulman,

Interesting letter and well written in my opinion. It’s aim is obviously to congratulate Carlos and show Action4Albions appreciation for all that he has done, and that they continue to support him and West Bromwich Albion. It also identifies their dislike of the current ownership.

The letter does not outline any action the group may take. If you read between the lines however, it is showing Carlos and the players that they are appreciated and that any action that is taken is purely in protest of the ownership and not the management/coach or the players.

I suspect and hope that any action A4A do take will stay within the boundaries of the law. To do otherwise would be detrimental to their goal.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    Thanks Soulman,

Interesting letter and well written in my opinion. It’s aim is obviously to congratulate Carlos and show Action4Albions appreciation for all that he has done, and that they continue to support him and West Bromwich Albion. It also identifies their dislike of the current ownership.

The letter does not outline any action the group may take. If you read between the lines however, it is showing Carlos and the players that they are appreciated and that any action that is taken is purely in protest of the ownership and not the management/coach or the players.

I suspect and hope that any action A4A do take will stay within the boundaries of the law. To do otherwise would be detrimental to their goal.

Carlos and the players will know they are hugely appreciated anyway with record season ticket sales and massive away followings. Today at Blackburn there will be 3,000,

These protests are tame and seems to me like self promotion now. I agree protests should be lawful. Take Reading they are proposing a sit in at the final whistle to protest - far more effective than shining a mobile!

When protest groups get too cozy then action fizzles out. Miles should be made to feel very uncomfortable whilst not threatened!

Far too tame and ineffective for me and would Lai care? No!!

I fully support A4A, they are trying to make a difference and I was one of the Halfords Lane protesters last season. Obviously, there are some that would like stronger action, all entitled to their opinion of how Lai and his associated leeches can be opposed but all credit to Ali Jones for getting A4A up and running and for putting the issue into the media. There’s nothing to stop others from launching another protest movement with more ‘positive’ action; would it be any more effective? Who knows?

So, COYB and FOL

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Carlos and the players will know they are hugely appreciated anyway with record season ticket sales and massive away followings. Today at Blackburn there will be 3,000,

These protests are tame and seems to me like self promotion now. I agree protests should be lawful. Take Reading they are proposing a sit in at the final whistle to protest - far more effective than shining a mobile!

When protest groups get too cozy then action fizzles out. Miles should be made to feel very uncomfortable whilst not threatened!

Far too tame and ineffective for me and would Lai care? No!!
    Good for traveling to todays game given the weather forecast. I hope you return safely and we get the result we are all hoping for.

As I said previously, reading between the lines, (and I may be reading it wrong) the appreciation is there to indicate that any protest is not aimed at Carlos or the players. It is aimed solely at the ownership.

Regarding protests, I wonder what a sit in would achieve, other than focusing the attention of a wider audience. It may cost the club more in staffing and policing and at some point the fans will have to leave the stadium. As you point out about Mr Lai not caring, will the Reading owners care, perhaps, if the aforementioned staffing and policing of the sit is costly on the clubs finances. That in turn may, as we have found with Mr Lai, can become a financial drain on the club.

Personally, I’d find it difficult to criticise Action4Albion. Why, well because if you asked me what I am doing to get Lai out of the club, I would have to admit that I am not doing anything. How can I be critical of them when they are at least making an effort to bring the clubs plight to the attention of a wider audience.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    Good for traveling to todays game given the weather forecast. I hope you return safely and we get the result we are all hoping for.

As I said previously, reading between the lines, (and I may be reading it wrong) the appreciation is there to indicate that any protest is not aimed at Carlos or the players. It is aimed solely at the ownership.

Regarding protests, I wonder what a sit in would achieve, other than focusing the attention of a wider audience. It may cost the club more in staffing and policing and at some point the fans will have to leave the stadium. As you point out about Mr Lai not caring, will the Reading owners care, perhaps, if the aforementioned staffing and policing of the sit is costly on the clubs finances. That in turn may, as we have found with Mr Lai, can become a financial drain on the club.

Personally, I’d find it difficult to criticise Action4Albion. Why, well because if you asked me what I am doing to get Lai out of the club, I would have to admit that I am not doing anything. How can I be critical of them when they are at least making an effort to bring the clubs plight to the attention of a wider audience.

Good points. Stepping up the anti thought in a non violent way may get the message across more thoroughly. Who knows!

In terms of non violent protest though, nothing speaks loader than a mass walk out or a mass refusal to actually go into the ground on match day at kick off time.

I prefer the latter.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)