+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any takeover rumours welcome

Any takeover rumours welcome

Anyone head anything.listening to wm seems like Fred’s crypto bid is a non starter..surely there has to be something going on behind scenes. Maybe Eric Clapton could throw in with Elon musk. Why can’t we have a bit of a break for once. Never happens to us.

I read somewhere to expect that anything in the press is not likely happen, but it will probably happen privately and quickly given we are a private limited company. Makes sense to me but I'm not massively knowledgable about these types of things.

I always thought this French crapto bloke was a load of b o l l o c k s of a rumour.

For me, the interesting one is the Tom Brady involvement at Blues.

For the life of me I can’t understand why people like Miles are not reaching out to NFL stars such as Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers and to NBA players and people involved in motorsport.

There’s a growing movement of mega rich sportsmen who are getting involved in group buyouts of sporting organisations.

In the NFL Washington Commanders ( formerly Redskins ) have just been bought for £6 billion + and Magic Johnson is part of the group.

Mahomes is the biggest star in the NFL and hyper competitive and aiming to better Tom Brady’s career.

If anyone at our place had any nous they’d at least try to get a meeting with Mahomes and his management team and with his fellow teammate Travis Kelce.

These guys thrive on competition in everything that they do in life.

West Brom are still in the top 20 of football clubs in the U.K. in terms of stature, if I was a mega rich sportsman looking to invest we would be one of my top targets.

The problem is, you need directors with the wit and nous to talk up our history and get in the room with these types of people.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I always thought this French crapto bloke was a load of b o l l o c k s of a rumour.

For me, the interesting one is the Tom Brady involvement at Blues.

For the life of me I can’t understand why people like Miles are not reaching out to NFL stars such as Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers and to NBA players and people involved in motorsport.

There’s a growing movement of mega rich sportsmen who are getting involved in group buyouts of sporting organisations.

In the NFL Washington Commanders ( formerly Redskins ) have just been bought for £6 billion + and Magic Johnson is part of the group.

Mahomes is the biggest star in the NFL and hyper competitive and aiming to better Tom Brady’s career.

If anyone at our place had any nous they’d at least try to get a meeting with Mahomes and his management team and with his fellow teammate Travis Kelce.

These guys thrive on competition in everything that they do in life.

West Brom are still in the top 20 of football clubs in the U.K. in terms of stature, if I was a mega rich sportsman looking to invest we would be one of my top targets.

The problem is, you need directors with the wit and nous to talk up our history and get in the room with these types of people.

Problem is the following Mick:

Lai is not a good businessman as he was robbed in buying West Brom for what he did then extorting funds to prop up other failing companies.

Why would Miles want a buy out? If it happened he must likely will be f ucked off by the new owners like a piece of garbage!

No Action for Albion would be faster than an Olympic runner to be photographed with any new owner saying it was because of their shining mobiles 😂

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Problem is the following Mick:

Lai is not a good businessman as he was robbed in buying West Brom for what he did then extorting funds to prop up other failing companies.

Why would Miles want a buy out? If it happened he must likely will be f ucked off by the new owners like a piece of garbage!

No Action for Albion would be faster than an Olympic runner to be photographed with any new owner saying it was because of their shining mobiles 😂
    Action for Albion are trying to make a positive difference Al. Other than occasionally spouting racist or homophobic slurs what exactly are you doing?

Quote Originally Posted by B74 View Post
    Action for Albion are trying to make a positive difference Al. Other than occasionally spouting racist or homophobic slurs what exactly are you doing?

Ok point taken. I will try and shine my mobile tomorrow when a rain cloud comes over and grab a selfie with Carlos at full time.

PS - I take offence to your last paragraph as that’s the opposite of my views.

Jeremy Peace is apparently in China at the moment.

It is only a rumor but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!

Is this reliable info OB because I’ve mentioned on here previously that I could see that opportunist be the one to buy us back?

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post

Now - that wouldn’t surprise me! For me - he was the one who started the decline!

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I don’t know whether to laugh or cry!

Is this reliable info OB because I’ve mentioned on here previously that I could see that opportunist be the one to buy us back?
    No need to laugh or cry, there is no truth in it, just jesting. I know he was not liked by some, maybe many like baggieal who blame him for our current predicament (personally I don’t, but that is another matter and I really do not wish to open a can of worms or go off topic ). We were, even considering all the wrongs, in a far better place with him than we are now.

We are in a desperate place and I have no idea who the hell would want to buy us.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)