+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Predictocomp table

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    More free beer to add to what arrived today 😎
    Enjoy your beer bdb you won it fair n square and I had no problem paying up,did half of it get nabbed by the mrs?

The thing is about next season is that I’ve been given the secret formula for success,nine months of 1-0’s and HW’s and that title and your beer would be mine by Easter but do I do it,as Pete stated it would be unfair and unsportsmanlike but there’s no reason why I can’t and beating you would override the shame that I’ve brought on myself,,hmmm quite a dilemma?

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    Enjoy your beer bdb you won it fair n square and I had no problem paying up,did half of it get nabbed by the mrs?

The thing is about next season is that I’ve been given the secret formula for success,nine months of 1-0’s and HW’s and that title and your beer would be mine by Easter but do I do it,as Pete stated it would be unfair and unsportsmanlike but there’s no reason why I can’t and beating you would override the shame that I’ve brought on myself,,hmmm quite a dilemma?
    By my calculations Griff has selected 123 home wins so far this season of which 21 have been 1-0 in the scores section.

That makes 102 points + 63 points = 165 points.

At the moment the leader has 170 points and second place has 150 points.

Good enough for second place at the moment Chalky, but we all know you're far too much of a gentleman to do it.

How the bleeding hell do you have all of those facts n figures at hand howoldboy? 😳

The way that I see it is that I’ve been given a foolproof way of winning,even if the cur adopts the same system he can only draw so I’m tempted,it’s like going to the bookies and if I don’t win then I get my money back

If griff wanted to tot up my scores and kept them separate from the prediction comp I would be happy with that,if he chose to put me in the league with everyone else I would be happy to be excuded from the cash prize should I win and roll down to whoever was behind me,to me it’s a two horse race

Adopt any method you wish Chalky, why would I copy it?... Lets have one thing straight here...

You have never beat me in any comp...

Just two more weeks of this and it would take something remarkable to topple Howoldboy off the top spot. Mullen’s having a go, top-scoring this week with 8 (well done) but he’ll have to do even better and hope that Howoldboy has a couple of brain-farts. And is he safe in second? Probably, as the rest of us can’t seem to offer a challenge. Third is respectable enough, and several of us have hopes of getting there and avoiding mid-table obscurity.

After failing to show up last week Alf came back and got nowt.

Nobody moved more than one place this week.

Cayambe - you have mail.

1 Howoldboy…………….…(5) 175
    2 Mullen………………………(8) 158
    3 Blackdogblue……………(4) 148
    4 Kel……………………….……(5) 144
    5 Griff……………………….….(3) 140
    6= Southblue….……………(3) 139
    6= Davee……………………..(5) 139
    8 Pete…………………………..(3) 137
    9= Nobby…….……………….(3) 126
    9= NZBlue…..……………….(4) 126
    11 Crusha……………………..(7) 121
    12 Alf…....………………………(0) 120
    13 Cayambe……………….…(4) 106
    13 Frank……………….…….(dne) 98
    15 Chalky……………….……….(2) 78

Well done Mullen for getting a highly respectable eight and being the top scorer,who’s gonna be the Rochdale top dog and get the bragging rights fir third spot?

The 1-0’s and HW’s is by no means foolproof over a season going by my score of two but I’m still gonna adopt it next season should griff do another,I’m going to exclude myself from any winnings and just see what happens

Thanks griffy

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    Well done Mullen for getting a highly respectable eight and being the top scorer,who’s gonna be the Rochdale top dog and get the bragging rights fir third spot?

The 1-0’s and HW’s is by no means foolproof over a season going by my score of two but I’m still gonna adopt it next season should griff do another,I’m going to exclude myself from any winnings and just see what happens

Thanks griffy
    You don't need to do that Chalky. Subject to Griff's agreement, we could just add a new name to the entrants called "The 1-0 System" and include it in (or better alongside) the league table, for information purposes, each week so that you can see how it performs.

Then you can still submit your weekly entry as normal. Ultimately it will enable you to prove that any score based system is inferior to the football knowledge of a Notts County fan.

Based on results to date this season the revised table would look like this:-

2.The 1-0 System.......(2) 167
    3 Mullen………………………(8) 158
    4 Blackdogblue……………(4) 148
    5 Kel……………………….……(5) 144
    6 Griff……………………….….(3) 140
    7= Southblue………………(3) 139
    7= Davee……….…………..(5) 139
    9 Pete…………………………..(3) 137
    10= Nobby…….…………….(3) 126
    10= NZBlue…..…………….(4) 126
    12 Crusha……………………..(7) 121
    13 Alf…....………………………(0) 120
    14 Cayambe……………….…(4) 106
    15 Frank……………….…….(dne) 98
    16 Chalky……………….……….(2) 78

or more likely this:-

2 Mullen………………………(8) 158
    3 Blackdogblue……………(4) 148
    4 Kel……………………….……(5) 144
    5 Griff……………………….….(3) 140
    6= Southblue….……………(3) 139
    6= Davee……………………..(5) 139
    8 Pete…………………………..(3) 137
    9= Nobby…….……………….(3) 126
    9= NZBlue…..……………….(4) 126
    11 Crusha……………………..(7) 121
    12 Alf…....………………………(0) 120
    13 Cayambe……………….…(4) 106
    13 Frank……………….…….(dne) 98
    15 Chalky……………….……….(2) 78

(N.B. The 1-0 System.......(2) 167)

Not that anyone is doing it anyway, but if we really want to avoid anyone using this type of system in future maybe we should consider introducing a new rule (e.g. banning the selection of four identical scores in the scores section).

It would be a pity if we had to do that though, as if there ever was an occasion when there were four 1-0s in that section it would eliminate the possibility of anyone getting a maximum score that week.

For me we should just continue as we are, with an unwritten rule that if anyone ever tries this type of system, the Moderators will have a quiet word with them and ultimately threaten expulsion.

Bloody hell howoldboy just how big is that fag packet that you do your workings out on? 😳

For clearance I’m not interested in winning the comp and my only objective will be to finish with one point more than the cur for probably beer reward and more importantly to stop his bragging,the prize pot on here I’m excluding myself from so there can’t be any complaints from anyone as it’s clearly ungentlemanly and I normally wouldn’t lower myself to resorting to such measures but now that I’ve been made aware of the system it’s to good to ignore

If griff says that he’s not happy with it then I shall abide by his rules

Hmmm… for my input having thought about it, introducing a rule like that is not fair tbh.. people have a choice..

Your “counting” system is somewhat flawed Howoldboy.. is that across the top 4 score section only or across all games & therefore you are including the bottom 4 where the score is irrelevant.

One last point is that 167 score is based on a 1-0 scenario… does it take into consideration 0-1 for example and home / away is also an option?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Hmmm… for my input having thought about it, introducing a rule like that is not fair tbh.. people have a choice
    As Pete pointed out another poster used the same system and it just seemed unfair when everyone else was taking genuine guesses at the scores
    There’s no need to bring in the ruling as nobody on here has lowered themselves to do it and if griff says that it’s frowned upon then I won’t either

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)