+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunderland

Sunderland

I did think of giving this a miss and letting someone else start. As soon as I heard the draw, I wrote the game off. How can we have been drawn so far away from home for the 4th successive time in the first round of this competition. Okay, we have actually won 2 out of the previous 3 including beating Championship Middlebro'. However, they had a bit of a joke manager at the time and he didn't last much longer afterwards. Mowbray is a totally different kettle of fish.
    Anyway, this result may go the same way as the one we actually lost. So....0-4. I nearly put 5 but hey-ho. I hope I'm wrong and the defence up their game from Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    I did think of giving this a miss and letting someone else start. As soon as I heard the draw, I wrote the game off. How can we have been drawn so far away from home for the 4th successive time in the first round of this competition. Okay, we have actually won 2 out of the previous 3 including beating Championship Middlebro'. However, they had a bit of a joke manager at the time and he didn't last much longer afterwards. Mowbray is a totally different kettle of fish.
    Anyway, this result may go the same way as the one we actually lost. So....0-4. I nearly put 5 but hey-ho. I hope I'm wrong and the defence up their game from Saturday.
    Very disappointing draw. Again! We are unlikely to get a decent result there. Just another outing for some of our new signings.

C'mon - we gonna do okay.
    Sunderland ain't what they used to be (tho they are improving).
    Would like us to play with a back 3 of Mickey, Connor and Zac in a 3-4-3 formation.
    Going for a 2-1 win ...

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    C'mon - we gonna do okay.
    Sunderland ain't what they used to be (tho they are improving).
    Would like us to play with a back 3 of Mickey, Connor and Zac in a 3-4-3 formation.
    Going for a 2-1 win ...
    Excellent idea re the formation.
    At the risk of being accused of hijacking the thread, I thought Mickey D’s long throw was really goo, and a future weapon.

You're right about the long throw, I'd forgotten about it. It was impressive, particularly the low height and pace to go with the distance.

Well.......1-0 up at HT. And Offord is not a name you expect to see on the score sheet!

No sweat !!!
    Big congrats to Nev and Harv

Wow! Scored all our penalties! Fantastic!
    I expect to see lots of positive comments on here showing some support for Lee Bell.

Unexpected but very welcome win. Sounds like we went with a plan, executed it well and then converted 5 superb penalties. Helps financially and can only raise the spirits within the club. Excellent start to the season and credit to Lee and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Wow! Scored all our penalties! Fantastic!
    I expect to see lots of positive comments on here showing some support for Lee Bell.
    Well, I am with the manager all the way. My view is when someone is appointed to the position of management we as fans should back him. Personally, I think he is growing nicely into the role.

Unfortunately, those who are not with the Crewe way will be very quiet until we hit a poor run!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast