+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New parking restrictions around Tannadice on match days.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    An update; I've informed the club, DCC, and the local press about my experience on Saturday. Who knows if it'll make any odds but we'll see.
    I have contacted my MSP who i know fairly well,no got any place YET mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Well done GB. Usually councils double down on their decisions trying to justify them. But when the press, MP's and TV get involved things can change 👍

My experience of yesterday.

I went early as it was the first match with the new arrangements. I came in Arklay Street via Cleppington Road.

As I have said the blue badge provision in Sandeman Street and North Isla Street were both full at this point, about 13:30.

I made my way to Provost Road and was the fourth car in the disabled section, facing down the street towards Dens Road. At that time if was filling up quite fast.

The slope of Provost Road made it much more difficult for me to maneuver around my car and also use the hoist to get my electric wheelchair from the boot.

There are no dropped kerbs in this section of the street meaning once I had my chair out I had to go head long into the, really quite busy, traffic to make my way to the junction of Provost Road and Sandeman Street to get a dropped kerb and onto a path.

Taking my chair out of the car and then having to go against busy traffic was very scary. I regularly have falls and the thought of it happening on an open and busy road is quite terrifying.

All this to be parked quite a distance from where I actually wanted to go.

Previously I would park in North Isla Street with the only traffic on it being other blue badge holders parking their cars. Not having a dropped kerb wasn't an issue as it was safe to stay on the road (as it was closed).

Honestly, I've never felt so discriminated against in my life. The fact this is being done by the local authority makes it even more galling.

Of course I will report all this back but, honestly, I'm not holding my breath for a sensible or quick solution.
    Terrible to hear. I hope they sort this out pronto.

Should never be like that for any fans coming to the match

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Cheers GB, hopefully we'll get a sensible solution to all this.

The thing is, this can be easily resolved with some common sense. Allow blue badge parking in the restricted area like it is in the rest of Scotland the vast majority of the time. 🤔
    Should never have been taken away from N Isla Street in the first place!

I know the answer is its DCC who implemented this, but surely they contacted both teams and asked them how many season ticket holders required parking for Blue Badge holders. Sadly it does not surprise me one bit if the question wasnt asked by someone through the process that led here.

I have contacted a councillor about this, but i have yet to see a reply which i hope is because they are gathering information, and not hiding their embarrassment!

I'm pretty sure the clubs were contacted but how would they know how many fans have blue badges? They'll know how many have season tickets for the accessible sections but there are bound to be others with a blue badge that sit in the stands.

Regardless, it's not just season ticket holders. It's away fans and anyone else who has a blue badge that may be in the locality/resident and not even going to the match.

Saw your bit on the Tully twitter page , and I totally agree with you , and have left a comment, I have long Covid leaving me symptoms off ME , breathing and energy problems, I usually park beside the troll inn and have a flat walk to the main stand at dens , but at the motherwell game all the 3 areas were full , I ended up parking on double yellow lines at the top of Main st , I had to stop 4 times for a break and a breather before reaching dens , I can’t understand why blue badge holders can’t just park to their normal restriction, hoping you get somewhere with your complaint as it’s definitely far to dangerous for you with your wheelchair

Cheers. I'm guessing but I think the disabled parking capacity seems to have been arrived at from the number of accessible spaces at Tannadice and Dens. What seems to have escaped the decision makers is that this doesn't equal the number of people with a blue badge, there will be far more.

Cheers. I'm guessing but I think the disabled parking capacity seems to have been arrived at from the number of accessible spaces at Tannadice and Dens. What seems to have escaped the decision makers is that this doesn't equal the number of people with a blue badge, there will be far more.
    That's like the number of police and stewards being selected based on the number of season ticket holders we have. No the brightest eh?

Great stuff though mate. I'll be gobsmacked if North Isla St disabled parking isn't reinstated.

Cheers GB, hopefully we'll get a sensible solution to all this.
    Contacted by Dundee East MSP today who unfortunately is on holiday this week,they will contact me on their return.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)