+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New parking restrictions around Tannadice on match days.

New parking restrictions around Tannadice on match days.

In case anyone has missed this. It's a real pain in the arse getting parked in North Isla Street as it is (reserved for blue badge holders). I guess we'll see. 🤔

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...T-PARKING.html

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    In case anyone has missed this. It's a real pain in the arse getting parked in North Isla Street as it is (reserved for blue badge holders). I guess we'll see. 🤔

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/new...T-PARKING.html
    Its been a bit of a pain in the erse for residents for years!

Ive seen mention of how detrimental this could be to the numbers attending matches, but this is no different to the restrictions that have been in place for a number of years, its just there are no cones laid out and the boundaries are marked with signs. Ive recently been to Hampden where the same restrictions are in place, and i believe Easter Road has a similar area.

I do though think that DCC could have looked into providing some form of off street parking to assist on match days, and going back to the Blue Badge holders, there should be proper facilities between both grounds where supporters from home and away can book as part of their arrangements to enable their attendance.

About time, but more could be done.

Buy the Theatre of Weeds, flatten, problem solved...😄

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Its been a bit of a pain in the erse for residents for years!

Ive seen mention of how detrimental this could be to the numbers attending matches, but this is no different to the restrictions that have been in place for a number of years, its just there are no cones laid out and the boundaries are marked with signs. Ive recently been to Hampden where the same restrictions are in place, and i believe Easter Road has a similar area.

I do though think that DCC could have looked into providing some form of off street parking to assist on match days, and going back to the Blue Badge holders, there should be proper facilities between both grounds where supporters from home and away can book as part of their arrangements to enable their attendance.

About time, but more could be done.
    A couple of things. I'm sure it is a pain in the arse for anyone living near the grounds but United have played there since 1909 and before that, the ground was still there being used by Dundee Wanderers. The other thing is, I don't think there is enough blue badge parking capacity. I guess time will tell but bear in mind it's for home and away fans to use.

If you read the new parking rules they are actually reducing the capacity for disabled fans in North Isla Street as it's only the East side of the street that's allocated, previously both sides have been used.

A couple of things. I'm sure it is a pain in the arse for anyone living near the grounds but United have played there since 1909 and before that, the ground was still there being used by Dundee Wanderers. The other thing is, I don't think there is enough blue badge parking capacity. I guess time will tell but bear in mind it's for home and away fans to use.

If you read the new parking rules they are actually reducing the capacity for disabled fans in North Isla Street as it's only the East side of the street that's allocated, previously both sides have been used.
    I've actually just been passed. Looks like disabled spaces are limited to around 10 cars mate.

Why do they have to go and complicate everything these days???

Name:  dc (2).jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  9.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I've actually just been passed. Looks like disabled spaces are limited to around 10 cars mate.
    Yeah, think it's going to be a right pain to be honest. Previously if I couldn't get in the top part of North Isla Street I'd park on the double yellow lines near the school but that isn't going to be an option now.

Oh, and if anyone from the council is looking can you please lower the kerbs at disabled spaces in the city centre? I end up having to run the gauntlet of moving cards in my chair to get to somewhere that the kerb is lowered just to get on a path. Absolutely crazy and dangerous. 😡

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    Why do they have to go and complicate everything these days???

Name:  dc (2).jpg
Views: 1436
Size:  9.1 KB
    Not sure my BMW X1 would fit there.🤔😂

Not sure my BMW X1 would fit there.🤔😂
    We are narrowing the pitch, haven't yi heard??

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    We are narrowing the pitch, haven't yi heard??
    😂😂😂

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)