+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Home v Blackburn Saturday ko3pm

Yes I hope so too, a difficult game to start at home especially with the squad not where it needs to be, a bit of luck 🤞 a draw won't be that bad a win of any type would be amazing

Come on lads and lasses and whatever else you want to be called, let’s hear you at the game

Come onnnnnnn millersssss

3-5-2 hopefully

All things considered, a point would be a good result today - a win would be a head turner/against the odds - just need to repair the morale after the opening day. The sooner we have more players in/back the better as we're not currently equipped to be our best at this level

Blackburn are stronger than the side we faced last time

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    All things considered, a point would be a good result today - a win would be a head turner/against the odds - just need to repair the morale after the opening day. The sooner we have more players in/back the better as we're not currently equipped to be our best at this level

Blackburn are stronger than the side we faced last time
    I meant to say Blackburn can't surely be as bas as the last time here - though I hope they are!

"well known for the physical part of the game",words from the Blackburn manager about us.We are not that sort of side any more.I just wish we could get the players in we badly need.Once again we heard that MT was expecting two players coming in this week.Not happened !!! We'll be there cheering the lads on wearing the red and white but it will be a tough challenge.UTM.

They’ve not got their best players but a younger set of lads I believe so hopefully they’re still finding their feet (like us ) and we manage to read our players/ your partners game to get the points

MT should pin this on the dressing room wall!

View from the Blackburn forum. Sounds like they already have this one wrapped up......

'last years fixture was the worst rovers performance iv`e seen for many a year,lets hope we can football them off the park because they are a really horrible,in your face side with nothing but effort(usually our worst nightmare)'

'The worst set of players in the league. But worryingly not only a bogey ground for us, but they are full of big, physical players which could trouble our young, small teams. Clash of styles'

'Think it'll be a bit of a slog to begin with, but we'll eventually settle into the game and have too much quality for them'

'It's also about time we got the benefit of whatever lady luck is handing out away to Rotherham, it's been a while since we won there.'

'If we want to be competing at the top we need to steamroll teams like this. But given last season I'll take a win.'

'Last season's 4 nil to Rotherham was a freak result. They scored 3 goal that they'll never score again (Kaminski throwing the ball into the back of his net and the two long-range strikes from mediocre players that were very much swing and hope).'

'especially ahead of what turned out to be a humbling reversal at Rotherham's sheep shagger stadium'

'If Rotherham are such an incredible team, as you are suggesting, how come they only finished 19th last season. Basically, you are saying our defence/ midfield are not up to competing with them. Last season has gone, we are an improved side since that feck up. I know this league is unpredictable, but I think we are a good enough outfit even at this early stage to see these darksiders off. '

'Reading their local press, they're already playing the "Poor little us; we've no real financial muscle to compete in the Championship" card. As they proved last Saturday by losing 4 -1 to Stoke City. (The second and third of those came during at least 8 minutes of first half stoppage time!)
    Arguably as worrying was only drawing at home - then losing on penalties - when Morecambe knocked them out of the Carabao Cup during the week.
    Probably the worst side in the league on paper, a defeat would be a huge disappointment. Don't get an attitude of anything other than that.'

'I don't know about a loss not being too bad. If we lose to Rotherham I will be really pissed off.'

Point of order we won on penalties against Morecambe.If you are giving us a slating, at least get your facts right.!

They love ❤ us really.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    MT should pin this on the dressing room wall!

View from the Blackburn forum. Sounds like they already have this one wrapped up......

'last years fixture was the worst rovers performance iv`e seen for many a year,lets hope we can football them off the park because they are a really horrible,in your face side with nothing but effort(usually our worst nightmare)'

'The worst set of players in the league. But worryingly not only a bogey ground for us, but they are full of big, physical players which could trouble our young, small teams. Clash of styles'

'Think it'll be a bit of a slog to begin with, but we'll eventually settle into the game and have too much quality for them'

'It's also about time we got the benefit of whatever lady luck is handing out away to Rotherham, it's been a while since we won there.'

'If we want to be competing at the top we need to steamroll teams like this. But given last season I'll take a win.'

'Last season's 4 nil to Rotherham was a freak result. They scored 3 goal that they'll never score again (Kaminski throwing the ball into the back of his net and the two long-range strikes from mediocre players that were very much swing and hope).'

'especially ahead of what turned out to be a humbling reversal at Rotherham's sheep shagger stadium'

'If Rotherham are such an incredible team, as you are suggesting, how come they only finished 19th last season. Basically, you are saying our defence/ midfield are not up to competing with them. Last season has gone, we are an improved side since that feck up. I know this league is unpredictable, but I think we are a good enough outfit even at this early stage to see these darksiders off. '

'Reading their local press, they're already playing the "Poor little us; we've no real financial muscle to compete in the Championship" card. As they proved last Saturday by losing 4 -1 to Stoke City. (The second and third of those came during at least 8 minutes of first half stoppage time!)
    Arguably as worrying was only drawing at home - then losing on penalties - when Morecambe knocked them out of the Carabao Cup during the week.
    Probably the worst side in the league on paper, a defeat would be a huge disappointment. Don't get an attitude of anything other than that.'

'I don't know about a loss not being too bad. If we lose to Rotherham I will be really pissed off.'
    Awful comments from a club who had issues flying their players home from a pre season tour. I cycled Lands End to John O'Groats 4 years ago and the middle Saturday took me through Blackburn.....I found it the most depressing,morale demoralising part of the whole 12 days!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast