+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edinburgh City v The mighty Queens.

Edinburgh City v The mighty Queens.

Edinburgh City were the surprise team last season giving everyone other than ourselves problems but think they will be found out a bit more this season. Anyway me, my brother and my daughter are all going and will be in the stadium early in the vain hope of getting seats where we can actualy see something. Feel the team and manager will have something to prove here after last weeks disappointment so going for an away win.

There's no alternative, - even at this early stage in the season!

Queen's need nothing less than a convincing win before the mighty Annan arrive at Palmerston.

I totally agree that the manager and the team have something to prove after last weeks fiasco. we need more inventiveness from the midfield and we need to move the ball a lot faster going forward. Oh, and we need the defenders to do as it says on the tin and defend properly.

What on earth happened today?

I followed the score on my 'phone and it was 1-1 in the 90 + 16th minute, - then I got home to find out that Queens had won 2-1 scoring 3 minutes after making it 1-1..............so much for technology, - but well done to the lads for getting us into 4th position in the league!

[QUOTE=jardi;40333248]What on earth happened today?
    We won! Dominating possession against poor opposition. Absolutely toothless in attack until a superb five minute spell, where we scored a beauty, hit the post with another beauty and scored again. Take the result anyday, but we were largely poor.

Any away win should be applauded irrespective of who it is against. I wasn't at the game but by all accounts we had the majority of possession against a poor team without really threatening to score until the last 10 minutes. As has been mentioned many times before, we really need a natural goal scorer as replacement for Paton. I appreciate that is easier said than done on our budget, but our lack of penetration in the box will be costly against the better teams in the league when chances are few and far between.

From the limited video of the match I have seen the sending off was ridiculous as it was the fans spilling onto the track that caused it. Referees need to show more common sense and take a pragmatic view of events.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    From the limited video of the match I have seen the sending off was ridiculous as it was the fans spilling onto the track that caused it. Referees need to show more common sense and take a pragmatic view of events.
    Wee Lloyd Wilson the Dumfries referee. I’ll say no more

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    Naw you need to explain that one to me Johnny.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_dumfries View Post
    I think there may be an unwritten rule that referees - if possible - do not get allocated games involving their home town team
    but not 100 per cent sure tbh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)