+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England women

England women

Through to the semifinal of the world cup with a strong display. So pleased and looking forward to the game against Australia next Wednesday. Guess we will not be the crowds favourite in that game. Best of luck ladies.

Made it difficult again! Need a more progressive approach to put oppositon under pressure. Worst moments were as a result of mucking about in midfield.

....But still, playing not at the their best but still winning. Keep it up!

Great game v Australia so far!

They were on top form. Excellent game and worthy women. People who choose to ignore womens football do not know what they are missing. I for one will definitely be watching Sunday with fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by lukcour View Post
    They were on top form. Excellent game and worthy women. People who choose to ignore womens football do not know what they are missing. I for one will definitely be watching Sunday with fingers crossed.
    I come in peace.

Watched it, slightly behind because I had a dental appointment, every damn second of it and it was a thriller. Some great goals and what is possibly most admirable about them is the togetherness. The team spirit is as strong as anything I have seen in football. Few of these young women will have been known to us 18 months ago and now they are, quite rightly, household names.

An interesting question is, if they win on Sunday, what is left for Serina Wiegman to achieve. If she were to walk away could she be the first woman to manage a men's team? Interesting times ahead.