+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash Turnstile in Dens Park

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I was at tonight’s game against East Fife and there was a good attendance.
    There must have been about 500 people there including close to 100 East Fife supporters.
    The entry at the two cash turnstiles operated like clockwork.
    I arrived at Dens Park about twenty minutes before kickoff and there a couple of people in front of me in the queue. It may have been busier closer to kickoff which normally happens at league games.
    Unfortunately the club did not announce the attendance figure during the second half. Perhaps the Dundee Football Club management were still counting the number of clicks on each turnstile.
    Got there 10 mins before kick off, due to work, missed kick off, even after getting in I had folk walking in front of me to get a seat,, maybe if season tickets were valid we would have got in no problem

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Got there 10 mins before kick off, due to work, missed kick off, even after getting in I had folk walking in front of me to get a seat,, maybe if season tickets were valid we would have got in no problem
    Can you not work flexi time to allow you to leave your work early to get to Dens Park in plenty of time before the kickoff or ask away early.
    I assume that your seat was beside the walkway in the Main Stand which would result in people walking in front of you to get a seat.
    There were plenty of empty seats in the Main Stand.
    Perhaps the management of Dundee Football Club should have made the game all ticket to discourage as many people as possible from attending last night’s game to avoid blocking your view.
    Season tickets unlike St Johnstone FC were not valid for the guaranteed two home league cup ties so there was little chance of them being valid for an SPFL Trust cup tie.

Can you not work flexi time to allow you to leave your work early to get to Dens Park in plenty of time before the kickoff or ask away early.
    I assume that your seat was beside the walkway in the Main Stand which would result in people walking in front of you to get a seat.
    Perhaps the management of Dundee Football Club should have made the game all ticket to discourage as many people as possible from attending last night’s game to avoid blocking your view.
    Season tickets unlike St Johnstone FC were not valid for the guaranteed two home league cup ties so there was little chance of them being valid for an SPFL Trust cup tie.
    😆

Never lecture a union man about working practices. 😆

I ask for a lot of favours through out the season, especially for away matches which allows me to attend every one, I ain’t going to ask a favour for a B match, especially when it was pay at the gate and I was assured this would speed up entry, if only people had turned up with the exact price it probably wouldn’t have been a problem

Flexi hours ??? I don’t work in a bank

Last week Dundee Football Club announced the admission prices for the Dundee B v East Fife SPFL Trust cup tie which is being played at Dens Park on Tuesday 15th August 2023 with a 7.45pm kick off.
    £10 for Adults and £5 for Concessions.
    Only the Main Stand will be open and admission will be by a cash turnstile.
    Perhaps the message has finally got home to John Nelms that a lot of non season ticket holders want a cash turnstile in the Main Stand for home games at Dens Park.
    Just as well.

Sought after tickets have a habit of going missing in the post in Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Just as well.

Ouch that's a sair ane.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Just as well.

Sure folk were well aware of where they were 😂

I ask for a lot of favours through out the season, especially for away matches which allows me to attend every one, I ain’t going to ask a favour for a B match, especially when it was pay at the gate and I was assured this would speed up entry, if only people had turned up with the exact price it probably wouldn’t have been a problem

Flexi hours ??? I don’t work in a bank
    Lots of firms in addition to banks operate a flexi time system. Forty years ago Fife Council operated a flexi time scheme where members of staff could work their 35 hours working week in three days which let them have two days off every working week.
    Dundee City Council employees working overtime in the evenings used to receive time and a half time off in lieu.
    This meant that if the worked two hours in the evening they would receive three hours off from their work using their flexi time scheme.
    No doubt the union shop stewards in the council were aware of this fiddle.

Sure folk were well aware of where they were ��
    I assume from the other posts that you are union official and a postman.
    There is a big problem with the delivery of the Royal Mail on Islay which has been happening since May 2021 and despite reassurances from the Royal Mail bosses in Glasgow that it was a short term problem at the time, it is getting worse. Mail has not been getting delivered to the correct address with the new posties who do not receive sufficient adequate training operating a ‘pot luck’ delivery service.
    If they cannot find the correct house they fire the mail through the letter box of another house hoping that the home owner will do their job for them and deliver the mail to the correct address.
    Last June we returned after a holiday to discover eleven items of mail for a neighbour who lives two houses away from our house. Surely the postie should have realised that Royal mail with two different surnames living at different addresses should not be pushed through the letter box of one house.
    It is not ‘rocket science’ even on the island of Islay where things get slower the further west you go in Scotland.
    Last edited by islaydarkblue; 16-08-2023 at 02:57 PM.

I assume from the other posts that you are union official and a postman.
    There is a big problem with the delivery of the Royal Mail on Islay which has been happening since May 2021 and despite reassurances from the Royal Mail bosses in Glasgow that it was a short term problem at the time, it is getting worse. Mail has not been getting delivered to the correct address with the new posties who do not receive sufficient adequate training operating a ‘pot luck’ delivery service.
    If they cannot find the correct house they fire the mail through the letter box of another house hoping that the home owner will do their job for them and deliver the mail to the correct address.
    Last June we returned after a holiday to discover eleven items of mail for a neighbour who lives two houses away from our house. Surely the postie should have realised that Royal mail with two different surnames living at different addresses should not be pushed through the letter box of one house.
    It is not ‘rocket science’ even on the island of Islay where things get slower the further west you go in Scotland.
    Nobody cares

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)