+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cash Turnstile in Dens Park

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I assume that is the same ticketing partner that was in place when we played our League Cup tie against ICT on Sunday 30th July 2023 which PATG for the ICT supporters sitting in the Bob Shankly Stand while it was all ticket for Dundee supporters sitting in the Bobby Cox Stand. Greg Fenton should be explaining why the management of Dundee Football Club showed favouritism to the ICT supporters by having PATG. It cannot be because of their ticketing partner but more likely another lame excuse by the management of Dundee Football Club for not having PATG for Dundee supporters.
    There are only about three DFC Ltd board of directors meetings per annum including one when the annual accounts are signed off as correct before the are submitted to Companies House for publication in their website.
    If Nelms calls a board meeting via a telephone call he needs to have sufficient directors present to have a quorum. You should know this.
    The ticketing partner will dictate the rules,I suspect exemptions can be made in case of technical issues,or when the away support is likely to be around 50.I believe cup games are not part of the agreement.

The current dfc board must already have enough for a quorum,otherwise they couldn't have any board meetings, so any d4l reps would be surplus to that requirement,and so can obviously be excluded from meetings because the quorum has been reached without them.

You should know this

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    The ticketing partner will dictate the rules,I suspect exemptions can be made in case of technical issues,or when the away support is likely to be around 50.I believe cup games are not part of the agreement.

The current dfc board must already have enough for a quorum,otherwise they couldn't have any board meetings, so any d4l reps would be surplus to that requirement,and so can obviously be excluded from meetings because the quorum has been reached without them.

You should know this
    They don't have board meetings, that would suggest a democratic process of some kind where the person at the top can be reigned in, or even removed, if they start to look like they're going a bit off track. Don't think of the running of Dundee FC as similar to the way any other club is run, it's a dictatorship where one man calls the shots and if anyone dares to criticise they're gone.

Lack of a quorum doesn't stop a meeting taking place, any member of a board can be excluded from any meeting just by not being invited. If the rules require that a quorum is present it would typically be to to rubber stamp major financial / capital decisions. You can guarantee that in the case of Dundee FC any such decision would have been taken in advance and sufficient agreement made that the two D4L members, should they vote against, would be outvoted.
    Last edited by Deeranged; 21-08-2023 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    They don't have board meetings, that would suggest a democratic process of some kind where the person at the top can be reigned in, or even removed, if they start to look like they're going a bit off track. Don't think of the running of Dundee FC as similar to the way any other club is run, it's a dictatorship where one man calls the shots and if anyone dares to criticise they're gone.

Lack of a quorum doesn't stop a meeting taking place, any member of a board can be excluded from any meeting just by not being invited. If the rules require that a quorum is present it would typically be to to rubber stamp major financial / capital decisions. You can guarantee that in the case of Dundee FC any such decision would have been taken in advance and sufficient agreement made that the two D4L members, should they vote against, would be outvoted.
    Outvoted,then removed ASAP I suspect. Its probably the biggest puzzler as to why nelms doesn't accept whoever d4l propose for the board.
    They would be powerless to stop anything nelms wants,and anything the fans complain about,he has two d4l board members to point at,and blame.

That probably still works even if they know nothing about any decisions because they had zero knowledge of any board meetings/phone calls that count as board meetings/rubber stamping nelms opinions

Why anyone thinks nelms and his inner circle are good for DFC is beyond me

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why anyone thinks nelms and his inner circle are good for DFC is beyond me
    Kept the doors open and paid the bills longer than recent owners.

You should know this
    I already know that the total number of directors has nothing to do with the number of directors required to be present at a board of directors meeting to make it quorate.
    Dee4life had 5 directors and according to their rules they required a minimum of 3 directors present at a board of directors meeting to have have a quorum
    For your information.
    Last season there were over 600 Partick Thistle supporters at the first home league game of the 2022-23 Championship League season and over 1,100 Arbroath supporters at the next home game of the 2022-23 Championship League season. Both sets of supporters had PATG in the Bob Shankly Stand which is somewhat more that the away support likely to be around 50.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Kept the doors open and paid the bills longer than recent owners.
    I assume that you are aware that Sandeman Properties Limited, owners of Dens Park listed in their annual accounts for the year ending 31st July 2022 that they had trade debtors of £65,460.
    This is the first time that they have ever had trade debtors listed in their annual accounts since they purchased the title deeds for Dens Park from Lloyds Banking Group in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I assume that you are aware that Sandeman Properties Limited, owners of Dens Park listed in their annual accounts for the year ending 31st July 2022 that they had trade debtors of £65,460.
    This is the first time that they have ever had trade debtors listed in their annual accounts since they purchased the title deeds for Dens Park from Lloyds Banking Group in 2009.
    A whole 13yrs.

Thanks for making my point.

Outvoted,then removed ASAP I suspect. Its probably the biggest puzzler as to why nelms doesn't accept whoever d4l propose for the board.
    They would be powerless to stop anything nelms wants,and anything the fans complain about,he has two d4l board members to point at,and blame.

That probably still works even if they know nothing about any decisions because they had zero knowledge of any board meetings/phone calls that count as board meetings/rubber stamping nelms opinions
    You should ask Nelms that question as you seem to be sticking up for him. At the same time you an ask him why the Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited Directors borrowed money from the Isle of Man based financial company SohoGreen with the loan secured against the 29.7 acres site of the new stadium development at the former NCR Camperdown grounds which is also known as Camoy Nou.
    The standard securities are listed in the Charges section of the Dark Blue Property Holdings Limited page on the Companies House website.
    Most companies obtain planning permission for their site and then borrow money using their site as collateral not the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    A whole 13yrs.

Thanks for making my point.
    You have missed my point.
    Why was the rent for Dens Park not paid in full before 31st July 2022.. It is unlikely to have been a cash flow problem as the Club’s bank account would be full of the season ticket money so there has to be another reason.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)